Taking multiple bottles of drink on board

Lintravel

Can I take several small bottles on board, the smaller 25 and 35 (?) cl bottles, as I would like a glass of something sparkling on the balcony each night but won’t (could but shouldn’t!) drink a normal size bottle. I figure if you can take one litre, then 4 small bottles of the same quantity should be ok?

I would have thought it should be OK - after all the limit is 1 litre per person and doesn't say anything about the number of bottles - but I don't have any personal experience of having done so.

I certainly hope so. It would be petty if they didn’t... I can’t drink much alcohol but can tolerate a small amount of babycham of all things. (Which they don’t sell onboard) so I’ll be taking a few small bottles at Christmas for use on the balcony. I also take a few bottles of Rochester non alcoholic punch, I can see some interesting conversations until they accept it really is non alcoholic!

I seem to recall reading, that you can take ONE bottle of alcohol per person, UP TO one litre each. My wife used to take several small bottles of Proseco. We haven't travelled since the new restrictions started, so we can't confirm how strictly it is being applied. I would be interested to hear anybody experience since the restrictions were implemented.

As long as you dont exceed the new 1 litre per person rule I dont think there will be a problem whether you take 1 or more bottles as long as you dont exceed the limit. Ringing P&O and asking Customer Services is a waste of a phone call majority, if not all, have never been on a cruise ship never mind actually done a cruise and half the time they give out inaccurate information that cannot be trusted.

We took a 2lt. box without any problem. So I would think if you can double up you can also go down.

Where did you get a 2 litre box from please? All the ones I've seen are either 3 litre or 2.2 litre? :)

I asked via private message on the official P and O facebook page and was told it was 1 bottle only. I personally was going to try and take a 2.2 litre box but thought twice about it. If they are not stopping you doing it then I think that will be what I will be doing. x

I asked via private message on the official P and O facebook page and was told it was 1 bottle only. I personally was going to try and take a 2.2 litre box but thought twice about it. If they are not stopping you doing it then I think that will be what I will be doing. x

It would be interesting to know what, a few hours later, a different responder would have said! Unless such things are written down somewhere, then I suspect that some social media representatives for big companies make it up as they go. And if it's not written down somewhere, ship's crew will also give different answers.

Wouldnt take what they say on P&Os Facebook page as gospel they very often give out wrong information.

It would be interesting to know what, a few hours later, a different responder would have said! Unless such things are written down somewhere, then I suspect that some social media representatives for big companies make it up as they go. And if it's not written down somewhere, ship's crew will also give different answers.

I personally have not been told about the new policy, never had an email from P and O. I will just plead ignorant if they say anything. Although having said that I have always had good advise from the 2 girls who do the social media for P and O. They have always helped me when needed.

Has anyone seen any first hand evidence that P & O are policing the only one bottle of alcohol PP at embarkation only? For room use only I usually go through 3 bottles of gin on a 2 week cruise and my OH does the same with his whiskey so we used to top up in ports like St Maarten where is is a bargain this always subsidised what we bought on board in the bars and wine at dinner. Our bar bill is always in excess of £600 so P & O are getting a fair amount of money off me and I leave the auto gratuity on and tip where I have had an above expectation service.

Has anyone seen any first hand evidence that P & O are policing the only one bottle of alcohol PP at embarkation only? For room use only I usually go through 3 bottles of gin on a 2 week cruise and my OH does the same with his whiskey so we used to top up in ports like St Maarten where is is a bargain this always subsidised what we bought on board in the bars and wine at dinner. Our bar bill is always in excess of £600 so P & O are getting a fair amount of money off me and I leave the auto gratuity on and tip where I have had an above expectation service.

You do know that Gin is only £19 per Ltr. (Export strength) from room service. Not worth carrying it on board even when there was no restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

6 litres of spirit between you and your husband isnt the occasional drink while getting ready for dinner or the occasional drink on the balcony. That amount is equal to 240 measures of spirits in a UK licensed premise that is the equivalent of 9 drinks per day. In my opinion that is why correctly P&O have brought this policy in.

6 litres of spirit between you and your husband isnt the occasional drink while getting ready for dinner or the occasional drink on the balcony. That amount is equal to 240 measures of spirits in a UK licensed premise that is the equivalent of 9 drinks per day. In my opinion that is why correctly P&O have brought this policy in.
Who are you to dictate what is and is not too much?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

It amazes me how free people can be in their judgements of others. Some opinions are not appropriate to share. Respect of others is fundamental to the happy and effective future of this forum.

Julia

Yes bags were scanned and there was a desk set up to hand over any bottles bought in port.