Polar Bear Tours

carlsbadguy

Warbelow's Air does polar bear excursions out of Fairbanks, generally from mid-ish August to late September (possibly early October). I have flown with Warbelows and they are a reputable company. A friend did one of their polar bear viewing trips to Kaktovik several years ago and was very pleased.

Thank you. I looked up the company you mentioned and that was the one company I had previously found. As far as a guarantee for seeing polar bears the web site said they would cancel the tour and refund money if no bears are seen that morning.

Originally planning a round trip Alaska cruise but this would be a once in a lifetime thing and would change to a one way.

If you plan a cruise at the right time....and timing is important for the bears, contact Ketil and his sons....they live in Katovik and I believe that they are the best polar bear guides in Alaska...bar none. Have been out with the a few times...Ketil is a good friend....He is Norwegian married to a local Katovik native, Evelyn, and their sons both guide. The web site is not the best....but they are...give them a call...Well, actually Ketil and Verborn are on their way via dogsled from Nome, Ak, where Ketil just finished Iditarod to Katovik, another 1,500 mile trip back home with their dogs....They are an amazing family, and you would not be in safer hands....

http://kaktoviktours.com/ It will truly be the most amazing trip you have ever done....

Thanks for the info. The tours look amazing. We have decided we really need more time than just the 5 or 6 days we would have pre or post cruise to see what we want in Alaska so have decided on a roundtrip cruise this trip and then will return for a 10 to 14-day land trip in the future.

Will keep this info in my file.