Azura double medical emergency

philipsw285

We docked at Praia de Vitoria @ 12.30am after 5 days at sea it was a blessing just to stop captain said we need to go flat out to get back on track after docking there was at least 200 people on deck when the injured people came of they all started clapping!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One woman broke her hip the other woman hit her head every one was happy we docked even tho it was only for an hour they cancelled the Azores on the way back because of storm Riley and we were down for 8 days at sea across the Atlantic it actually made a break I should imagine someone went down to reception to ask to walk round the port at midnight!

I wouldn’t be surprised it has come to light that Ventura had a problem 2 years ago on its way out to Barbados and was stuck in ponta del gada for 2 days and still managed to make all it’s ports in the Caribbean so Azura could have made it as it’s the same build so it was a cost thing.

Last night they had about 10 dock workers and the pilot boat I bet the medical insurance paid for it can’t see P&O picking up the tab.

A couple of years ago we had a medical problem between Madeira and Barbados- Ventura increased to 21 knots and we made it almost a day early. Someone asked the captain what speed we could do, and he said- I think- 26 knots, but you wouldn't like it if we did!

There was a similar incident on another ship's TA which I read about, where the patient didn't have enough insurance, and he was being billed for the extra fuel used. :(