Can you change your "free" choices before final payment?

MCazer

So, I am currently booked with the Pick 2 for free, and since we are Elite, I chose the Gratuities and wifi, but think I would better served with the Gratuities and Classic Drink package instead.

Figured we could just purchase Wifi onboard (I believe we would get an elite discount) since we only really need it for one person.

Can this be done if we haven't paid the final deposit?

Anyone done this?

I sent an email to travel agent, but have not heard back yet, (we sail in October, so not leaving soon)

This is awesome news! Thank you. I know we have shipboard credit, and was going to use that for drinks, but this is nicer, because if I don't like something, I can just get something else without feeling like I was wasting the first drink.

And depending on what we get with classic, I know we could upgrade during the cruise if the classic doesn't meet our needs.

I've don't it several times. Also, remember as Elite Captains Club members you each get 90 minutes WIFI free and also get a 30% discount if you want the unlimited and you can use your OBC for it if you wish. I don't know your WIFI needs, but if it's just for checking email and you remember to log out after you use it the free minutes will last longer than you'd think. Just remember to set your account up.

I've don't it several times. Also, remember as Elite Captains Club members you each get 90 minutes WIFI free and also get a 30% discount if you want the unlimited and you can use your OBC for it if you wish. I don't know your WIFI needs, but if it's just for checking email and you remember to log out after you use it the free minutes will last longer than you'd think. Just remember to set your account up.

So glad to hear it. I will definitely start out with using our free minutes first, and then if need be will use the 30% to do the unlimited (guessing it will be prorated if you buy it during the cruise as opposed to the first day (Royal Caribbean is like that )

Son will be away in college during our trip and need to be accessible, so will definitely need internet onboard)

I have $375 onboard credit right now and will probably have more from our credit card points, so I'm covered!

Getting very excited, but don't want to wish the summer away (let alone this non-spring we seem to be having.)

I HATE SNOW. 4th Nor'easter in 3 weeks here in NY!

So glad to hear it. I will definitely start out with using our free minutes first, and then if need be will use the 30% to do the unlimited (guessing it will be prorated if you buy it during the cruise as opposed to the first day (Royal Caribbean is like that )

Son will be away in college during our trip and need to be accessible, so will definitely need internet onboard)

I have $375 onboard credit right now and will probably have more from our credit card points, so I'm covered!

Getting very excited, but don't want to wish the summer away (let alone this non-spring we seem to be having.)

I share your pain here in the Philly suburbs. Lost trees. Mounds of snow still coming down on the first full day of Spring...and our anniversary no less! I need the Caribbean!

The 30% Discount is instead of the 90 free minutes, you cannot get both. You will given the option to upgrade with the discount when you first register. I have seen specials occasionally later in the cruise, but you cannot be assured that you will be able to purchase a prorated unlimited Internet package. It is not like the beverage packages that are prorated.

If you are both Elite you will get 90 minutes each.

I find that it is less stressful to have one unlimited package, so you do not need to worry about logging out and the quality of the connection as much.

I do think you are making the right choice with the gratuities (depending on the length of you cruise) and the classic drink package.

How long is your cruise?

Enjoy your cruise.

The 30% Discount is instead of the 90 free minutes, you cannot get both. You will given the option to upgrade with the discount when you first register. I have seen specials occasionally later in the cruise, but you cannot be assured that you will be able to purchase a prorated unlimited Internet package. It is not like the beverage packages that are prorated.

If you are both Elite you will get 90 minutes each.

I find that it is less stressful to have one unlimited package, so you do not need to worry about logging out and the quality of the connection as much.

I do think you are making the right choice with the gratuities (depending on the length of you cruise) and the classic drink package.

How long is your cruise?

Enjoy your cruise.

Ah, then most likely we will purchase internet for one of us for the length of stay once onboard so we get the coupon.

We are on an 11 night out of Rome! So I really need the wifi for iMessage and maybe some FaceTime!

Our Elite status is transferred from our Royal Caribbean Diamond status. This is our first Celebrity cruise.

DW and I are both Elite. Can one pax choose 1 perk & the other pax choose a different perk?

No, you get beverage package for two, prepaid gratuities for two etc.

MCazer, FYI, there's no coupon, the 30% or 90 free minutes are benefits of Captains Club elite level. Your Captains Club level will be printed on your seapass card. Visit the website and captains club benefits to make sure youre aware of the benefits that come with your level. Elite does get some nice ones. Have a great cruise :D.

In addition to CEZMARYLOU'S advice make sure your captains club number is linked to your reservation number. If it is two of you each of you need your own captains club number to each get all the benefits and link both numbers to your reservation number.:)

So, I am currently booked with the Pick 2 for free, and since we are Elite, I chose the Gratuities and wifi, but think I would better served with the Gratuities and Classic Drink package instead.

Figured we could just purchase Wifi onboard (I believe we would get an elite discount) since we only really need it for one person.

Can this be done if we haven't paid the final deposit?

Anyone done this?

I sent an email to travel agent, but have not heard back yet, (we sail in October, so not leaving soon)

Drinks and gratuities is the way to go.

If you want the WI FI package, it will be much less if you purchase if before your cruise. If you call Captains Club, you should be able to have a discount on the WI FI unlimited package by using your coupon for the 90 minutes. Also, if Celebrity is having a sale, you might be able to use both. I'm not sure on this, but remember some people talking about it on our last roll call.

Also, beware, as the price listed on your cruise planner for the WI FI is less than the price you will be offered once on board.

If you want the WI FI package, it will be much less if you purchase if before your cruise. If you call Captains Club, you should be able to have a discount on the WI FI unlimited package by using your coupon for the 90 minutes. Also, if Celebrity is having a sale, you might be able to use both. I'm not sure on this, but remember some people talking about it on our last roll call.

Also, beware, as the price listed on your cruise planner for the WI FI is less than the price you will be offered once on board.

I've never been able to get them to use my Captain's Club discount with the sale price. They do discount the WIFI package 10% pre-cruise over the on board price. They will apply the Captains Club discount to that and maybe that was to what the people on your roll call referred. (Or maybe they got really lucky and had an inexperienced rep do something they shouldn't?)