Just off the royal princess & it was fine-questions?

PoohUnderstands

Just got off the 10 day Southern Caribbean on the Royal and CC dining was great; CD was very good; Food very decent in all (have no opinion of buffet as never stepped foot in it!!!); staff was excellent; ship in good shape.

If you have any questions, I will be glad to try to answer!

Pooh

We did a 10 day British Isles cruise on the Royal and were impressed. The buffet was well organised and excellent. Great food selection no matter what time you went. We ended up having breakfast, lunch and a few dinners there.

I was so worried the ship would be too big but it was big enough to hide the people it seemed! Lots of places to go and sit quietly. Lots of entertainment choices and lots of food choices.

Only one problem with crowds and that was at a tender port that made disembarking and embarking slow but we got to meet some nice people in the line so it worked out well.

How many formal nights did you have? What is the percentage of men wearing tuxedos? Would a suit and tie be okay. Have not cruised on Princess since 2013 and will sail from NYC to Quebec City this fall.

How many formal nights did you have? What is the percentage of men wearing tuxedos? Would a suit and tie be okay. Have not cruised on Princess since 2013 and will sail from NYC to Quebec City this fall.

2 formal nights and yes suit and tie would be fine. There were a few men in tuxedos but most were in suit and tie the on formal nights. We were on the Royal February 18 to March 10, 2018. Had a great cruise.

We leave for our 10-Southern Caribbean on the Royal next week. Do you remember any of the movies showing on MUTS? We love the Sanctuary, did you use it? And if so, was it difficult to get a spot?

Thanks

The movies were good. One hint. If you don't like to be outside for MUTS or see a movie in the Vista Lounge, just wait until the next day or so and it will be available to view in your cabin. Will try to remember what they were to list, but my main thought when all were available in room was that all films up for the recent academy awards were available for viewing. The Darkest Hours, The Shape of Water, I, Tonya; the musical with Hugh Jackson was PT Barnum; then some good classics like updated Murder on the Orient Express. Then there was a great selection of other older movies too. Oh, one day I also heard the Princess Bride playing on MUTS from my balcony! If you have a specific movie in mind let me know.

I don't do Sanctuary as I am not a sun bather, etc., but when I was walking around and passed it a few times, it didn't seem that full or busy.

Pooh

Glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to April 9th when we board.:)

Can I go in an extra piece of luggage? I'll pay the extra fees!!!!! Grin.

Unfortunately, we had to miss Princess Cays due to bad bad weather, but we had a nice extra sea day and sailed away from the bad weather.

Pooh

Do you know if Silvio Zampieri was the Maitre d', or a change please?

Welcome home Pooh! Thank you Rose & Mario

I am sorry I do not know as we were in CC dining and did not see him. But there was the rest of Concerto dining and 2 other dining rooms where he could have been. I have the patters and will be unpacking soon. Will look and see if he is mentioned and come back and confirm if I find him.

Just saw the answer above. Guess that is why I didn't see him.!!

Pooh

We were on the royal Feb 28- march 10 and Silvio left with the last cruise. We sailed with him in December and loved him.

Recommend Secret Silk ( new on our cruise) and colors of the world.

I am not a production show person on any cruise line, but Secret Silk was ok. Well, I must admit, though, the water shows on the Allure were pretty good!

But the 2-3hours after the production show in Princess Live were so much fun, especially if the CD, Matt O. was leading the sessions (though his cruise staff were a lot of fun too.) Our evenings, pretty much, were found at the first evening comedy or singer show and then the rest of the evening at Princess Live (with a bar conveniently situated right outside!)

Pooh

2 formal nights and yes suit and tie would be fine. There were a few men in tuxedos but most were in suit and tie the on formal nights. We were on the Royal February 18 to March 10, 2018. Had a great cruise.

We found more people to dress up this season than in the past but it still wasn't enforced to any great degree.

Just a neat casual appearance was all that was necessary on formal nights.

Oh.... if you do go to watch a movie in the Vista lounge in the afternoon, bring a MUTS blanket with you. It does get very cold in there without all the people.

Do you know if Silvio Zampieri was the Maitre d', or a change please?

Welcome home Pooh! Thank you Rose & Mario

As stated above, Silvio left the ship on Feb 8th. The current Maitre d' is Nicola Furlan.

I'm thinking about booking on the Royal Princess for this summer to British Isles. I'm trying to decide which side of the ship to go with? The section will be Mid-foward on deck 11 or 10, balcony. Thinking about sailing into /out of ports, which side is better for taking it all in :-) Any other advice you could give for the Royal would be helpful since I'm kind of a newbie.

We leave on March 30 doing the same itinerary. Have been on several other Princess ships but not the Royal. It has fewer pools than others, were the pools extremely crowded on sea days?

Can’t wait to get back on a Princess ship, it has been too long. Sounds like you had a good time.

I'm thinking about booking on the Royal Princess for this summer to British Isles. I'm trying to decide which side of the ship to go with? The section will be Mid-foward on deck 11 or 10, balcony. Thinking about sailing into /out of ports, which side is better for taking it all in :-) Any other advice you could give for the Royal would be helpful since I'm kind of a newbie.

I have not done this itinerary so one answer is to ask on the roll call for your cruise or on the port of call section. Also, what I do(recognizing I am OCD about planning a trip) is go on Google Maps and find where the ship will dock at each port of call and try to figure out how the ship will be docked. That way you can decide what side you want to be on.

For this cruise I can tell you that if you like to see the ship dock close to the pier and then watch the people go on and off, you want to be on the port side. If you like to watch over the water to the other side of the islands and more quiet, then go with starboard.

Don't forget to try Alfredo's for lunch after a port of call tour for lunch (Main Dining Rooms are closed on port days for lunch and I don't do Buffets); it is very nice to have them bring you food after a long day's tour.

I believe you will enjoy this ship. I also like all the nooks and crannies, inside and out, to sit and read or just relax. If you have any specific questions, please ask. I will check back to see.

Pooh

We leave on March 30 doing the same itinerary. Have been on several other Princess ships but not the Royal. It has fewer pools than others, were the pools extremely crowded on sea days?

Can’t wait to get back on a Princess ship, it has been too long. Sounds like you had a good time.

I don't do pools (;p:halo:) but when we walked by at around 11am or so the areas were busy, but I could have found two lounge chairs by looking a little(both in sun and shade) and even a table to sit at. The pools never were full of people. Remember if you sit at the main pool area you will be contending with the audio from MUTS.

I believe you will really enjoy this class of ship. I have a Canada cruise on the Royal in October and an TA/European cruise with the Regal in 2019, so I am glad that I enjoyed the ship!!!! Grin.

Any other questions, just ask.

Oh, don't know your tastes, but if you just want to have a fun evening (and don't dance or do sitting at bars), after the main show at 8PM(usually), go and spend the evening at Princess Live. We thoroughly enjoyed the trivia and other shows (2-3 an evening from 8-11PM, and if you have Matt O as CD, you will have a blast. He, especially, and his staff are better than many I have experienced on other cruises.

Pooh

Hi Pooh

I have tried to search for this but have had no luck, so I'm hoping you can help.

Do you remember what the "every day" items are in the MDR? I know the steak was replaced by a hamburger, but I'd like to know what the other options are. I don't need a long description, just simple notes, like 'chicken, salmon, caesar salad, etc'

Thanks for any help

ML

We leave for our 10-Southern Caribbean on the Royal next week. Do you remember any of the movies showing on MUTS? We love the Sanctuary, did you use it? And if so, was it difficult to get a spot?

Thanks

Blade Runner, Only the Brave, The Darkest Hour, Ragnar Rock, Spider-Man, The Shape of Water, among others... they were all available on the tv the day after they were a MUTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't say they were "extremely" crowded but there were always people in them. Didn't prevent me from getting in and cooking off

Sent from my iPhone using Forums