Fine Cooking Magazine from Captain's Club?????

cruisestitch

i seem to be receiving a magazine I never ordered .... Fine Cooking. The label says "A Gift Courtesy of Captain's Club". Is anyone else getting this? Any info about it?

We got the same one today, strange, it was addressed to my husband.

HELEN,

I too book and pay for all our cruises, yet my husband got all the emails and snail mails. Then he became my EX and I got the emails; they are addressed to HIS NAME but at my address. Physical and email addresses.

Now, once again I book and pay for all Celebrity cruises, and my BOYFRIEND gets all the emails and snail mail!! Chauvinistic much?

Jelayne, we’ve been having the same issues with emails, so I suppose it isn’t surprising that we’ve not received a magazine. I do find the magazine odd though. I wonder why they’re sending magazines. I wish they’d spend that money on finally fixing their IT issues!

Helen and bighairtexan, on the rare occasions we do receive email from Celebrity, it’s sent to my husband. This, despite the fact that I’m the one who books all our travel. Apparently my credit card is worthy of respect, but I am not. Offensive? Absolutely. Sexist? Certainly.

I also book the cruises... using my husbands name and credit card. Yet instead of my husband, everything is always in MY name... onboard and snail mailings. We receive no emails.

If a cooking magazine comes in husbands name, he will be doing the cooking from now on! :D

We received the magazine last week.

I am the TA in our family, booking all cruises, yet most emails are addressed to my husband.

X finally got something right by addressing it to me, especially since he doesn’t cook. 😁

Well, all I can add to this is, at least for those whose husbands are getting the magazine in their name and not that of the Principal booker of travel, be happy it is not a type of periodical which arrives in a plain non-descript envelope which you might open and not be too happy about him receiving.

bon voyage

Received one in my name . DW acts as our TA and most reservations are in her name. Maybe this is a Woman's Year ploy to get more men to do the cooking, or take their wife out for dinner. My best guess is that Celebrity now has a partnership with the group that publishes the magazine. Perhaps a "Fine Cooking" menu is in the works. Can only hope it's much better than the Top Chef menu.

Wonder will they replace the Chef's Menu with some recipes out of this magazine? Cruise Junky and I could give them some favorites that would please everyone.:D

That we could :) I still bet 75% of our favorites and on regular rotation are from FC.