2019/2020 Cruises

Geoffa30

We have just recently started cruising in earnest as DH retired last summer and we're no longer relegated to all of the holiday or shorter cruises to save vacation time. I've been wondering when people feel it is the best time to book to get the best rate. I know last minute deals can pop up but, otherwise, is it when the cruises are first offered? When they are first offered, is it typical that deposits are refundable? Still learning the ropes about "serial cruising" and appreciate any insight. Need to stock up on more FCD's asap!!

On sale 19 April... better buy some FCC on the Caribbean Princess after our stop in St Kitts today. Get ready :D

Yay! I heard it was going to be sometime in April ... glad to know the date so I can start planning my late 2019 cruising schedule.

More info....

Princess Cruises today announced its biggest Australia season ever, with five ships sailing from six homeports for the 2019-2020 Australia cruise season.

Three ships, including the Majestic Princess, will complete itineraries to and from Adelaide over the 2019-2020 Australia season.

Other highlights from Adelaide include a 18-day Fiji cruise on Golden Princess and a new 55-day Indian Ocean and South Africa Odyssey cruise on Sun Princess.

"Princess is gearing up for our largest Australian and New Zealand deployment in history, which will see a record number of people cruising on Princess ships over the 2019/2020 season,” said Senior Vice President Princess Cruises Asia Pacific, Stuart Allison

“Our largest ever deployment will feature five ships sailing from six homeports on over 125 departures across more than 60 itineraries to over 100 destinations in 30 countries. The arrival of Ruby Princess, combined with news of Majestic’s return before she’s completed her maiden season here, means we’ll have two of the four latest Princess ships sailing in this region which speaks to the momentous growth of our market.”

“The cruise industry is integral to South Australia’s $6.3 billion visitor economy,” said Rodney Harrex, Chief Executive, The South Australian Tourism Commission.

“Princess Cruises’ continued commitment to Adelaide demonstrates that South Australia is a key player within the cruise industry. We are delighted to welcome these cruise ships, passengers and crew to our State and look forward to visitors getting a taste of some our world class experiences so easily accessible from Adelaide.”

The 2019/2020 Australian cruise season will be Princess’ largest in history. The 900+ day Australian deployment will see Princess carry more guests than ever onboard five ships on itineraries from Sydney, Perth (Fremantle), Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and Auckland, the company said.

The season is spearheaded by the maiden arrival of the Ruby Princess and the return of the Majestic Princess. Cruising 444 cruise days out of Sydney, Majestic and Ruby will generate a combined landmark capacity of over 100,000 guests, a 25 percent increase on the 2018-2019 season, the company said.

We have just recently started cruising in earnest as DH retired last summer and we're no longer relegated to all of the holiday or shorter cruises to save vacation time. I've been wondering when people feel it is the best time to book to get the best rate. I know last minute deals can pop up but, otherwise, is it when the cruises are first offered? When they are first offered, is it typical that deposits are refundable? Still learning the ropes about "serial cruising" and appreciate any insight. Need to stock up on more FCD's asap!!

Initial prices are usually what many consider to be high. However, booking early can get you the choice of cabin type and location that you want. Usually bookings this early have refundable deposits if you are booking in the USA/Canada and change your mind before final payment.

As time goes on, there will be sales on these new cruises. The past does not always repeat itself, but Sip 'n Sail and three-for-free are promotions that have been appearing in the summer and fall. Sometimes the "sales" will maintain pricing and include amenities such as gratuities and sometimes the price will be lower than the initial offerings. Again, in the USA/Canada you can switch a booking to a newer promotion or pricing and pick up the amenities with the new offer and lose any amenities you had when first booking. Some of the times the switch to a newer offer can be to an offer in which the deposit does become non-refundable.

Look forward to those Australia itineraries and hopefully the newer ships are not only doing New Zealand like Majestic is.

the ruby is doing pretty much what majestic is mostly nz, identical 14 day fiji trips, 1 or 2 to tasmania, ruby 1 to whitsundays and majestic 2, nothing startling at all.

the ruby is doing pretty much what majestic is mostly nz, identical 14 day fiji trips, 1 or 2 to tasmania, ruby 1 to whitsundays and majestic 2, nothing startling at all.

Completely agree. And there’s no Transpacific starting from Hawaii. We’re not all retired and have all the time in the world. There’s one 10 day on majestic doing the bottom portion that’s ok but mid Feb is during tax season and would be a very hard time to get away. Nothing to make us change our land trip to a cruise. We won’t sail on the Sun class and that’s what they put in Perth.

Completely agree. And there’s no Transpacific starting from Hawaii. We’re not all retired and have all the time in the world. There’s one 10 day on majestic doing the bottom portion that’s ok but mid Feb is during tax season and would be a very hard time to get away. Nothing to make us change our land trip to a cruise. We won’t sail on the Sun class and that’s what they put in Perth.

exactly, was going to book the 35dayer to hawaii hoping it was on ruby but no, noway can i spend 35 days on the sea princess 7 is long enough esp when no IC or vines.

Thanks for posting. Was reading with interest what would be available in December 2019, as we wanted to do a South Pacific out of Sydney for a milestone anniversary. I am surprised; for about the same price for an Oceanview 8-day on the Ruby, another major line is offering a 9-day (Similar itinerary) in an Aqua Class stateroom, also out of Sydney.

Thanks for posting. Was reading with interest what would be available in December 2019, as we wanted to do a South Pacific out of Sydney for a milestone anniversary. I am surprised; for about the same price for an Oceanview 8-day on the Ruby, another major line is offering a 9-day (Similar itinerary) in an Aqua Class stateroom, also out of Sydney.

With drinks I’m assuming? No comparison do Celebrity.