Miami Cruise Terminal

rollie

Thanks everyone. We've been there before, but couldn't remember. Just trying to determine which parking area to use.

Rollie

Silhouette was at E last week. We parked in the open lot directly across from the terminal entrance. We saw a garage about 200 yards away but I'm recovering from knee surgery so used a very convenient handicap spot. The downside was that being an open lot the local seagull squadrons used our car for bombing practice.

If you have never been to the Port of Miami, we would explain that its actually a very simple layout (when compared to Port Everglades). In Miami, all the ships are lined-up end to end along a single very long pier. It is very easy to spot your ship as you drive into the port. There is also security at the entrance (they will stop your car and may ask for ID) and the security officer can tell you exactly which pier.

Hank

If you have never been to the Port of Miami, we would explain that its actually a very simple layout (when compared to Port Everglades). In Miami, all the ships are lined-up end to end along a single very long pier. It is very easy to spot your ship as you drive into the port. There is also security at the entrance (they will stop your car and may ask for ID) and the security officer can tell you exactly which pier.

Hank

We have never had to stop for security at Port Miami. Yes, every time, backed up for MANY cars at Port Everglades but not Miami.

We have never had to stop for security at Port Miami. Yes, every time, backed up for MANY cars at Port Everglades but not Miami.

Our Eclipse sailing last November out of Miami found us having to show ID at the Port of Miami security stop.

We were on the Escape last December, and didn't show any I.D. to get to the pier. The Silly was in miami temporarily due to construction of the new terminal in FLL for the Edge. The Silly usually ails from that terminal. I would think it ill be that way for a while, but still a temporary fix.

Not sure it’s still legit, but the last time we cruised out of Miami, you could get a free parking spot for Handicap parking. No fee for Handicap spots. You had to have more than your license or handicap tag, you needed whatever paperwork that came with your tag you had with your name on it. That way, people didn’t use other people’s tags.

Den

Not sure it’s still legit, but the last time we cruised out of Miami, you could get a free parking spot for Handicap parking. No fee for Handicap spots. You had to have more than your license or handicap tag, you needed whatever paperwork that came with your tag you had with your name on it. That way, people didn’t use other people’s tags.

Den

Unfortunately this is no longer true or at least it wasn’t the last time we were there

Hank

We never encountered any security.

We're planning on using uber (for the first time). How will I know where to tell them where I am. Will my exact location come up on there phone via "my location"?

Since it is a very short wait until your driver arrives, I would suggest waiting until you get outside and see what door you are at, and then order the Uber.