Celebrity Select Dining

502cruiser

I have read that you can book your dining times 4 days before your scheduled trip. I have always had early dining scheduled but this was already closed when my reservations were made. What suggestions or advice can anyone give me about this option. Much appreciated!!

I have read that you can book your dining times 4 days before your scheduled trip. I have always had early dining scheduled but this was already closed when my reservations were made. What suggestions or advice can anyone give me about this option. Much appreciated!!

You should be able to book times for each day in your cruise planner I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Select Dining reservations are done in your Cruise Planner. Welcome to CC.

You can make the reservations up to 4 days before your cruise. Personally we only make reservations for night 1 & 2. Beyond that we tell the hostess/host as we are leaving when we expect to dine the next night. For us the benefit of Select Dining is to be able to adjust our dinner time to hat we plan to do the next day.

I have read that you can book your dining times 4 days before your scheduled trip.

No. You can book your dining times at any time UNTIL 4 (?) days before your sail date. Otherwise, you can book dining times once you are on board. Or you can not book at all, and just show up when you are ready to eat (within the MDR open times, of course).

No. You can book your dining times at any time UNTIL 4 (?) days before your sail date. Otherwise, you can book dining times once you are on board. Or you can not book at all, and just show up when you are ready to eat (within the MDR open times, of course).

Just checked mine - I am not able to book on a short cruise , but maybe it is a short cruise? We have never booked with Select, just showed up. I was able to book for the Edge - but they have 4 MDRs there so it is a totally different concept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fhp123, no you cant just show up at Select if you are booked for Late Traditional. You may be able to move to it permanently after consulting with the MaitreD but there are who are already booked for Select and it might be sold out

"I have read that you can book your dining times 4 days before your scheduled trip."

You might have misunderstood what you read. You cannot book your dining times within 4 days before your trip. You have to do it earlier than that.

"If we want to eat earlier, can we just stand on a line and do anytime?"

No, the various Dining Times are capacity controlled. If you want Select Dining you need to book it before the cruise or see the MaitreD on boarding day to change from Traditional to Select. If you just stand in line, once they see your card and look up your room number, you will be directed to the Dining Time you have been assigned.

Welcome to CC, sounds like you are in Select Dining now as the Early Traditional was fully booked.

You can go online no later than four (4) days before your sailing to reserve dining times in SD.

You may want to do that ASAP as one never knows how booked the times you may want will be available.

If the time(s) you want are not available on-line, reserve as close to it as you can and change once aboard. Afterwards you may decide that being more flexible in dining times may be in order or maybe not.

bon voyage

We have late seating. If we want to eat earlier, can we just stand on a line and do anytime?

If Anytime is not booked up you should be able to change it in your reservation on-line under Manage Reservation.

• 5 months later...

A belated continuation re- Select Dining. This is normally my dining choice but on the next cruise I have been given late dining and on wait list for Select. Contrary to all previous postings I have never found a means of reserving online for Select Dining or making changes at anytime.

An extra tip in the hand helps with some Maitre D,s :):)

A belated continuation re- Select Dining. This is normally my dining choice but on the next cruise I have been given late dining and on wait list for Select. Contrary to all previous postings I have never found a means of reserving online for Select Dining or making changes at anytime.

An extra tip in the hand helps with some Maitre D,s :):)

Welcome to CC. Yes you can and contrary to what you believe. We choose SD for all our cruises. Book early enough and you will be given the 3 options. SD, early or late seating (TD). If you elect SD then you can reserve SD times in your cruise planner. BTW the OPs question was in reference to reserving SD times. The OP was also corrected that reserving SD times has to be done NLT 4 days prior to the sail date. Again the earlier the better.