What time is luggage collected for debarkation?

Eveglos

Sorry for asking yet another question! We are doing a 7 night cruise to Norway and I was wondering what time our luggage needed to be ready on our return to Southampton. Is it the night before or before breakfast? Thought occurred to me when I read people took hand luggage on board to bring back their last minute bits and pieces!

Thanks

Eve

Sorry for asking yet another question! We are doing a 7 night cruise to Norway and I was wondering what time our luggage needed to be ready on our return to Southampton. Is it the night before or before breakfast? Thought occurred to me when I read people took hand luggage on board to bring back their last minute bits and pieces!

Thanks

Eve

They ask you to put out most of your luggage before dinner and any remaining luggage up to midnight. You keep your hand luggage in your cabin.

Don't be sorry about asking, we have all had to learn.

Thanks- that’s worth knowing. Do we have to do this or can we sort it out ourselves the next day?

Eve

You can opt for self disembarkation where by you take your own luggage off the next day, but do not expect any help with it. It will be one of the questions you are asked on board. You will receive a disembarkation questionnaire in your cabin quite early on in your cruise, which you will need to complete and return to guest relations.

To be honest, we have always found luggage collection is really efficient and we tend to put one case out before going to dinner and the last one out when we retire nearer midnight and literally have the essentials in hand luggage. It is then easy to find the next day in the luggage area as it is arranged by your disembarkation time.

Hope that helps

Just one point to add to J.E.C.'s last post, on P&O you leave your original luggage labels on the cases and they are arranged in deck order, the RCI group including Celebrity are the ones who group luggage by disembarkation time.

One extra tip is to fasten something bright and distinguishing around the top handle which will make your cases stand out from all the other identical ones.

Whilst we are on the subject of disembarkation can I ask whats the latest you have to leave the ship on the final day? We have trains booked for 11.30 so didn't fancy traipsing round Southampton for hours with two or three cases, I think I've read that rooms have to be vacated by 8 but wasn't sure what time we had to get off the ship.

Whilst we are on the subject of disembarkation can I ask whats the latest you have to leave the ship on the final day? We have trains booked for 11.30 so didn't fancy traipsing round Southampton for hours with two or three cases, I think I've read that rooms have to be vacated by 8 but wasn't sure what time we had to get off the ship.

You can go to reception on board and ask for a late departure. I am not certain about the latest time as we self disembark unless we are on a coach so the latest we have got off has been around 9am but I think that they try to get the ship cleared around 9:30 to 10:00.

After a 28 day cruise and a busy late night before, I did not get my bags packed until 3 am. I figured we would end up taking them down but they were gone in the morning.

If you are going to the airport right from the ship, you need to have all your toiletries in your bag, so many times I leave one bag behind and take it myself. Or I leave space in one bag and open it to put last minute things in before we get a taxi to the airport.

Just of Azura 6pm the final full day onwards I think between 10 and 12 is final time it’s normally the room attendant that gets them to the service lift.

Disembarking we had 9.15-9.50 they were ahead and called us at 8.15 so be prepared that they may be pushing to get the ship cleared if they get luggage of quick which happened today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were asked to put our bags out the night before departure and before retiring. I took that to mean midnight. We got our last bag out around 11.45.

Our last cruise with Cunard was before 11pm. Very inconvenient as late show finished at 11.15pm.

P&O seems quite sensible with such things.

We have been self-disembarking on our last 2 cruises. I must say I find it a lot easier. We have one suit case each and a carry on. The suitcases are on wheels and it's a breeze.

We have self-disembarked for most of our cruises.

Our cases have 4 wheels which make them easy to push.

We were asked to put our bags out the night before departure and before retiring. I took that to mean midnight. We got our last bag out around 11.45.

Our last cruise with Cunard was before 11pm. Very inconvenient as late show finished at 11.15pm.

P&O seems quite sensible with such things.

We thought that was very inconvenient too. We were rushing to put the final stuff in the case when we returned and only realised just in time husband had left his cruise card in his jacket pocket. We managed to retrieve the case just as it was being wheeled away!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We thought that was very inconvenient too. We were rushing to put the final stuff in the case when we returned and only realised just in time husband had left his cruise card in his jacket pocket. We managed to retrieve the case just as it was being wheeled away!

Another one of many reasons we self disembark.

Gosh. I always panic at that moment.

Just back from a 12 night cruise on the Aurora and luggage had to be put out between 4-00 pm and 10-30 pm the night before landing as the cases cannot be allowed to cause a blockage in the corridors in case of an emergency, this really means that you must have your cases out before you go for dinner and that you dine in the clothes that you will be travelling in.

On a a Celebrity transatlantic cruise I mistakenly packed my trousers in the case I put out and only realised the next morning. I had to debark at Miami in pink pyjama bottoms with a longline t shirt

I felt really self conscious but as it was sunny suspect anyone noticing though they were cotton beach trousers

Haven’t made that mistake again

Just back from a 12 night cruise on the Aurora and luggage had to be put out between 4-00 pm and 10-30 pm the night before landing as the cases cannot be allowed to cause a blockage in the corridors in case of an emergency, this really means that you must have your cases out before you go for dinner and that you dine in the clothes that you will be travelling in.

There would still have been collections of bags all the way through to the early hours of the morning.