What is your fav. Souvenir you got on a cruise

BigTee2000

you get free art from the auction ????

i like to get the money too

but my very fav in the ceramic ship iv got 4 of them one from each cruise we been on and im about to get # five :)

Im starting to do this as well! My sister has a bunch for all the cruises they have been on. Its a neat idea and I like looking at all the ships.

you get free art from the auction ????

i like to get the money too

but my very fav in the ceramic ship iv got 4 of them one from each cruise we been on and im about to get # five :)

My favorite is the ships also, BUT the ones I've been getting on the 3 different ships I've been on aren't ceramic, they are $25 each and are a very heavy plastic mold. I like to have the captain sign them.

This is almost embarassing compared to some of yours, but it reminds me of my cruise every single day.

On our first cruise, I got an official lanyard for my S&S card (I know.... tacky!). When I got home, I hung it on the little nail behind my kitchen calendar, with the card still in it. And there they sit, more than two years later.

• Like 2

I have a few favourites. But probably my most fave is my Pacific Sky keyring because it's so cute :) They used to have the logo on the back but with so much wear and tear of using them every day it's all rubbed off now :(

2797640710075001406RUGHve_fs.jpg.432019ca72e36aa267e0dde385e4a230.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a tablecloth from Provence for my mom at a shop called Soliel at the West Indies Mall in French St. Martin. The woman who owned the shop spoke a little English and I spoke no French, but she was very sweet and helpful. The tablecloth is unlike any of the other tablecloths from Provence I own or have seen anywhere else (although she had many of that type, too.) It's jacquard and the colors are fantastic. I'ts quite large (108") and I think it was about $120. I buy a lot of linens when I travel and this is one of my best finds.

I didn't keep it for myself because I make sure my mom gets the best souvenir of every cruise -- she's the babysitter! :)

• Like 1

My favorite thing to pick up is money from the island. I prefer paper money, but often pick up coins as well. It is a great addition to your scrapbook.

Any tips of getting money (paper or coins) from the Ports? My son wants to do this when we stop. I was curious if you have a hard time getting the local currency, since you are in a tourist section that typically deal in US$. Our ports are Montego Bay; Cayman Islands; Cozumel. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Just ask any of the cashiers. Sometimes they'll reach into their own pockets to trade with you :D (they did this in Grand Cayman for my DD who collects foreign currency, she got some from all 4 ports this last cruise - Labadee, Haiti, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Jamaica). This is her favorite souvenir!

Just ask any of the cashiers. Sometimes they'll reach into their own pockets to trade with you :D (they did this in Grand Cayman for my DD who collects foreign currency, she got some from all 4 ports this last cruise - Labadee, Haiti, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Jamaica). This is her favorite souvenir!

Zuscruiserz, Thank you for the information. We will try that. Have a great weekend.

I like the ships too, but in St. Thomas I went to a store in Charlotte Amalie called Maps Monde and purchased a nice map of the Virgin Islands (from the English and Danish surveys). I matted and framed it when I returned home and I love it! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are back. Thank you so much for the tips on getting Currency. We got some at all three ports. GC was extremely difficult because no one wanted US$. We finally found a very nice cashier and she traded out of her purse with my son. Then the person in Cozumel, tried to scam my son, until my wife stepped in. WAY TO GO HONEY!!

Thanks again Zuscruiserz!!

I always collect Christmas Ornaments and while decorating my tree think back to when I bought them and the great memories....

But I have a feeling one of my fav will be NEW Friends from my last cruise on the Truimph when we Met an Awesome couple from CC and we have emailed or phoned everyday since the cruise and have even booked another together for next year!!!

Tina