EDGE TransAtlantic? When?

Ox Fan Cruiser

I'm guessing that there is no way that the first cruise will be Dec 16th out of Florida. The first service date given to us months ago was October. Will there be a European roll out tour (including the Med) then a Transatlantic in early December? Any word when the real Inaugural cruise will be? & when will those first cruise go on sale?

I'm guessing that there is no way that the first cruise will be Dec 16th out of Florida. The first service date given to us months ago was October. Will there be a European roll out tour (including the Med) then a Transatlantic in early December? Any word when the real Inaugural cruise will be? & when will those first cruise go on sale?

The 16th is the inaugural cruise. Unlike her sister ship Beyond in 2020, Edge is deadheading to FLL to be filled out with final bells and whistles and a corporate sendoff from the port of Fort Lauderdale.

Her first transatlantic is going to be eastbound in Spring 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bob221b1

Edge is deadheading to FLL to be filled out with final bells and whistles and a corporate sendoff from the port of Fort Lauderdale (Chmn Richard Fain misspoke- not Port Everglades

I thought Port Everglades is Ft. Lauderdale??

I thought Port Everglades is Ft. Lauderdale??

Well, you've got me there. I knew it by another name but you are correct!

The port area overall is Port Everglades- The itinerary use is referred to as Fort Lauderdale.

Granted, I'm still new to cruising... BUT, I find it hard to believe they will do a TA with no passengers..

I'm completely with you on the logic. In full disclosure, I am simply reporting what three separate Celebrity agents told me today (I called a few times and used their live chat to see if the story would change- it did not).

I'm completely with you on the logic. In full disclosure, I am simply reporting what three separate Celebrity agents told me today (I called a few times and used their live chat to see if the story would change- it did not).

I did a chat and "reading between the lines" I seem to feel that earlier cruises including a TA would be announced later. I guess we will have to wait & see.

Granted, I'm still new to cruising... BUT, I find it hard to believe they will do a TA with no passengers..

Both the Oasis and Allure came across with no paying passengers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The Solstice (first ship in her class) did not do an inaugural TA.

Her inaugural cruise was originally scheduled for Dec. 2008, in the Caribbean. The ship was ready ahead of time, so X moved the inaugural forward one week. (Know this from personal experience as we ended up making this change. :) )

The inaugural cruise for Edge, Dec. 16, 2018, went on sale today.

RCI did this with the oasis when it was new, wouldn't surprise me and it looks like it's going to be that way.

RCI did this with the oasis when it was new, wouldn't surprise me and it looks like it's going to be that way.

Gives them a few days without passengers to deal with snagging. I've read on some inaugural cruises that passengers moan about things still being fitted or last minute repairs caused disruption

We booked the last listed Edge sailing that ends April 28. It would seem the TA would start on that date.

Based on what they've done recently, I doubt if this ship will do a TA in the spring. Several years ago the Solstice stopped doing TAs and went to Australia instead. In November they brought the Equinox back from Europe and now it's based out of Miami year around.

Based on what they've done recently, I doubt if this ship will do a TA in the spring. Several years ago the Solstice stopped doing TAs and went to Australia instead. In November they brought the Equinox back from Europe and now it's based out of Miami year around.

Disagree, will probably do a TA. Remember Solstice did Australia and Hawaii because it was in Alaska, a lot easier to get to than anything out of the Caribbean. Equinox was a business decision. My biggest hope would be that Edge does Bermuda but that's not going to happen, no other choice than a TA.

The 16th is the inaugural cruise. Unlike her sister ship Beyond in 2020, Edge is deadheading to FLL to be filled out with final bells and whistles and a corporate sendoff from the port of Fort Lauderdale.

Her first transatlantic is going to be eastbound in Spring 2019.

Don't be surprised if she makes a stop in New York City for a couple of days....

Celebrity's website is not showing a sailing for Edge on 12/16/18. The first one available is 12/23/18. Would be interested in booking the inaugural whenever it might be.

Their web site is wonky. If you put in December 2018 for both Start and End date the sailing on the 16th comes up.

The only cabins available are verandas so it's a very popular cruise.

Celebrity's website is not showing a sailing for Edge on 12/16/18. The first one available is 12/23/18. Would be interested in booking the inaugural whenever it might be.

Since there are few rooms left, use costco travel -> cruises to find and easily view all available rooms. Here is the link but you might want to re-search when you go, to find the most up to date rooms available before you book on celebrity's website. I use this as celebrity's site only shows 5-6 available rooms at a time. Here you can see all available rooms on all levels and categories at one time.

https://www.costcotravel.com/h=1507

Edited by Gishua_
spelling

Their web site is wonky. If you put in December 2018 for both Start and End date the sailing on the 16th comes up.

The only cabins available are verandas so it's a very popular cruise.

Since there are few rooms left, use costco travel -> cruises to find and easily view all available rooms. Here is the link but you might want to re-search when you go, to find the most up to date rooms available before you book on celebrity's website. I use this as celebrity's site only shows 5-6 available rooms at a time. Here you can see all available rooms on all levels and categories at one time.

Good tips, thank you both!

This could be useful, but link does not work. Thanks.