Panama Canal Cruise

lbfluffy

Since photobucket has changed to an expensive paid subscription your photos are no longer viewable :mad:

Yes, sadly, I'm well aware of and ticked off by that. So much work for naught. And the new Photobucket fees are $400 per year! Insane. I am using Shutterfly now.

Since photobucket has changed to an expensive paid subscription your photos are no longer viewable :mad:

All my photo bucket photos disappeared also, but I understand it must be for photo bucket to make money. I won't pay and Cruise Critic posters suffer.

We did a partial transit Christmas cruise on the Island Princess a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. My wife has lots of pictures she took on her website at the link below.

We have a full transit on our bucket list. Not sure yet which cruise line we will book with.

Nancy's Oasis-Island Princess Partial Panama Canal Cruise

Happy cruising! It's a great way to travel!

• 2 weeks later...
So now that I booked one of my husband's bucket list cruise, Hawaii, we now are wanting to plan a Panama Canal cruise. I briefly looked and I guess the departure and arrival ports are usually different. We live in California so I'm sure airfare will be involved as well. We aren't retired yet so the longest time we could possibly manage is 14 day cruise. We are looking at possibly next November or December. January is out because my husband is out of town for 2 weeks in January for work.

NCL Pearl November 25th sail date, 2 weeks to the Panama Canal, 8 countries.

This will probably be our only panama cruise so I am trying to figure out the best option to get the most out of our trip. I'm just starting my research so it is a bit confusing. We plan to purchase FCC on our upcoming cruises. I will study the history to figure out what to do. So much to think about.

Due to vacation time available, we are taking our first Panama Canal cruise as a "partial transit" on HAL. It's 10 days, which allows us time to spend a few days in Florida before the cruise.

I think it's great that one of the excursions offered from Gatun Lake is a trip through the remaining locks on a smaller ship, which will allow us the full canal experience out to the Pacific, and then take us back to meet the ship to continue the cruise.

It's a GREAT option for us, as this will probably be our only trip through the Canal!

:)

• 3 weeks later...
We have just booked the Jan 6, 2019 sailing on the Coral Princess. Good deal at the moment.

Hello Alaskanb, we just did the same. We are Helen and Zack from California and looking forward to this cruise. Let's connect on the roll call.