2018 Brides!

Hey all. Just an update on my communication with Royal Weddings. Great communication so far. Having all my questions answered but it does take 2-3 days to receive a reply.

Going through the selection package and it seems pretty detailed. I went with the biggest package (roughly $6100 CAD).

I'll be starting a new thread with information including the selection package they have given me if anyone is interested.

yes, very interested.

So excited we finally decided to book Feb 5 2018 on RCL IOS we decided to go with a private WC while we're in port in Jamaica, unfortunately Royal Events was not willing to work with us and our 60+ guests so we had to look else where, now we are trying to figure out about having a dinner "reception" at a specialty.

Grateful for this site has been very helpful.

Got engaged on Anthem 5-6-17 and already booked our wedding and ultimate love story package for embarkation day on Anthem sailing 5 nights to bermuda from Bayonne on 9-29-18. so far, they were quick to answer my call to book, I got the contract in about half hour in my email, have sent that back and received confirmation we are set for our date on Monday. They said it would take a week or so for my coordinator to be in contact, but they seem to be quick to answer the phone and even email when I had questions. We are inviting 60 people to cruise (future MIL keeps tacking them on!!), but we are also having a reception for the whole family when we get home (probably inviting about 150 people to a banquet hall because we have too damn much family), so I expect immediate family and some very close friends to sail, probably around 40-something. We are doing a cocktail reception to do our first dances, yadda yadda, champ toast and the cake right after the (1215pm ) ceremony on embarkation day, then we will have the whole gang for dinner at Chops that night. Anyone have any tips or what to look out for?! also, have any good ideas for tshirts? I'd like to include them in our OOT bags. 500 days to go!

Congrats to all. It's so nice to see the 2018 thread filling up. I'm booked on NCL March 2018 and we went with an island coordinator in St Thomas. I really haven't had much to do, my planner has been taking care of everything so far. It's not confirmed for sure yet but tentatively my wedding begins at 11am and ends at 3pm. The ship departs at 6pm. From 3 to 5 my guests can browse the island if they choose to. I was also thinking about having a dinner that night in one of the specialty restaurants back on the ship and then maybe going to one of the nightclubs afterwards to dance the night away.

Crystal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm also a 2018 bride. I recently booked a wedding cruise package for 8/31/2018 for the Majesty of the Seas with Royal Caribbean (3 day cruise to Bahamas). Anyone have any experience with that? I can't find what venues they have.

Edited by punknbrat

Hello everyone! I'm also a 2018 bride. I recently booked a wedding cruise package for 8/31/2018 for the Majesty of the Seas with Royal Caribbean (3 day cruise to Bahamas). Anyone have any experience with that? I can't find what venues they have.

I too am Majesty. I also can't really find the venue options. But in doing my wedding on land and reception back in board. Of you find any answers to things PLEASE post them.

Hello 2018 weddings! We just booked our NCL cruise for Dec 2018. We will get married while docked in St Thomas. Now that the cruise is actually booked I feel so overwhelmed lol. Not sure what to do next...

After I booked, I made a wedding webpage including all the Info I could think of like pricing(as well as deposit and final payment dates) a section for rsvp and general cruise questions. Then I emailed SAVE THE DATES with the website link. This gave people time to plan and save. 8 months b4 the wedding I sent out my real invites. Hope that helped?

I too am Majesty. I also can't really find the venue options. But in doing my wedding on land and reception back in board. Of you find any answers to things PLEASE post them.

Venue options are basically any bar/lounge/entertainment area on the ship.

For my wedding next year aboard Rhapsody, I am using the Shall We Dance lounge. Viking Crown Lounge is also an option.

I believe you can also book the entire specialty restaurant. Usually costs $4k USD for dinner.

Just wanted to share everyone what I've been designing/creating for my wedding.

I am booked for May 26 2018 aboard Rhapsody of The Seas and I have about 40 people booked so far.

My invites and welcome aboard letter: Designed by me and the photos I used were from my last year's trip aboard Rhapsody to Mykonos and Santorini

welcome.jpg

The envelopes have gold writing on them now. Didn't get a chance to snap a new pic.

Custom made shirts are being printed

shirt.jpg

I'm also giving out Rayban Wayfarer style sunglasses with my logo on it. I'll post more pics of that later. Below is the custom made bag which will house the glasses

baglogo(1).jpg

My custom printed welcome aboard bag:

bag.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

My fiance and I will be cruising on the Harmony of the Seas for our wedding in July, 2018. We will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and then having our wedding in St. Thomas through Island Bliss Weddings. We are so excited but looking to see what others have planned too! Are there any other RCCL brides on here that have looked into hair and makeup options on the ship?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, we are sailing on The Navigator and having an elopement in Funchal Madeira next October.

Just us two..... nobody knows ..............just all of you !:D

Just got off the Navigator that went to Madeira. Incredible place. Make sure you take the cable car up and ride the toboggan down.

Hi there! I am probably going to be a 2018 bride... maybe 2019. I too got engaged on a Carnival cruise, this past week actually! It was on the Carnival Imagination ship during the formal dining time and I was hoping that I may be able to come across someone who witnessed the special moment and had captured any pictures or videos?

:hearteyes:

Congrats to all 2018 brides & grooms! My fiancé and I will be getting married on Carnival Pride before we set sail on 9/2/18! Just now looking into save the dates to send out, which seems as I'm far behind you guys 😂

Hi there!!

We're confirmed for the Pride as well ! July 2018. Were went with a destination wedding in Freeport on the 5th day.

I met my fiancé on the Pride on 07/20/2014 and will marry him on the Pride 07/20/2018. Can't wait!!

• 2 weeks later...

Majesty is going into dry dock in February. Lucky you (catastrophic for me). So there will be upgrades. They may add a restaurant too. I would wait on deciding location till u ask them what new options you have! It should be much nicer.

Good Afternoon fellow 2018 Cruise Brides!

My Fiancé and I just got engaged last week on May 2nd and I already have the 30 rooms held on the Carnival Victory cruising to Cozumel Mexico May 7-11 2018! We have already had 12 people book before the save the dates have even gone out! We plan on having a symbolic ceremony in Cozumel Mexico at Nachi Cocom Beach Club and getting legally married before we depart. I have attached a picture of our Save the Dates for anyone to see. Ive also attached the link to our wedding website (its not completely done, but I'm only a week into the engagement so I think its pretty good so far lol). Save the dates are being sent out tomorrow. I also have already bought by bridesmaid dresses and shoes and will add pictures if anyone would like to see those just let me know!

Some more details about my wedding planning so far: My fiancé decided that it would be cool for us to do our bridesmaid and groomsmen proposals with a Mexico theme. Therefore we have bought a bunch of mini sombreros, mustaches, nd flower clips that we are sending to the potential wedding party along with mini bottles of Jose Cuervo and a lime. Along with the items an instruction letter will be attached. In that letter the wedding party will be instructed to take a picture of them wearing the items listed above and taking the shot and send that picture to us to accept being apart of the wedding party. We will then take the pictures and create a poster to be displayed at the wedding with description of who each person is and how they know the bride and groom.

For Nachi Cocon, we are having a symbolic ceremony. We will be having the Mexican buffet dinner option (because how do you get married in Mexico and NOT eat Mexican food). One of our family friends will be coming on the cruise to celebrate with us and she and her daughter will be doing our photography. we are also getting the additional extras of the Mariachi Band to play during cocktail hour and the fire dancers!

We decided to invite anyone and everyone to our wedding as to not hurt any feelings. We planned on only about 50 people coming but after having 12 people book before save the dates even went out, I'm guessing we will have much more! Which I am thrilled about!

I would like to put welcome bags together for all of our guests coming on the cruise, so any ideas are welcomed!

Here is the link to our wedding website: https://www.theknot.com/us/ittakes2toturner

Congrats to all of my fellow brides!!!! I know you all must be just as excited as I am!!!

Congrats! I chose Nachi Cocom too!!! If you remember let me know how it goes. I've had a pleasant experience this far. Your wedding website is too cute

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, this board says it's for honeymoons too so I thought I'd say hello.

I proposed to my fiance in May on Celebrity Equinox, and we're getting married on May 27, 2018 locally. We booked Oceania Insignia for our honeymoon. I'm really excited, it gets great reviews. It's my second marriage and his first. We are getting married in a theatre where my fiance used to work so he called in all his favours and we have a professional lighting crew working our wedding (which is delighting the photographer).

We are having an Alice in Wonderland theme. I will be the Red Queen and my fiance and 8 year old son are both planning to dress up as the Mad Hatter. Fun times!

Edited by SusieV