Manzanillo Excursion/Sightseeing Suggestions

cruisincdns

Hi fellow CC member,

DW and I just booked a 10-night Mexican Riviera for next Feb. 16/18 on the Grand Princess out of San Francisco. This will be our 6th Mexican Riviera with Princess but the first 5 were the 7-night itineraries out of San Pedro.

Have never been to Manzanillo so looking for some excursion/sightseeing suggestions please.

Thank you,

Paul

Take the long tour that goes to Comala (sp) and goes to the pyramid. Pyramids on the West Coast are rare. Think the tour has Colonial in its name.

We were there in 2016. Since we'd been there before we walked thru town, ate at the Mercado (behind the 'mountain'). The ice cream store had interesting aqua frescas. Only thing we didn't do was have some of the coconut ice cream sold from the little street carts. It's one of the foods Manzanillo is known for.

Take the long tour that goes to Comala (sp) and goes to the pyramid. Pyramids on the West Coast are rare. Think the tour has Colonial in its name.

We were there in 2016. Since we'd been there before we walked thru town, ate at the Mercado (behind the 'mountain'). The ice cream store had interesting aqua frescas. Only thing we didn't do was have some of the coconut ice cream sold from the little street carts. It's one of the foods Manzanillo is known for.

Thanks SadieN.

• 7 months later...

The last time we did a colonial type tour with Princess it seemed like a forced march. Hurry walk fast here, stand around wait for the stragglers, try to get close enough to hear the guide, and repeat many times. Did you take this tour on a prior trip.? If so, thoughts?

The last time we did a colonial type tour with Princess it seemed like a forced march. Hurry walk fast here, stand around wait for the stragglers, try to get close enough to hear the guide, and repeat many times. Did you take this tour on a prior trip.? If so, thoughts?

We took a private tour to Colima and Comala. Also went to the ruins. No idea who we went thru, it was in 2009 and I didn't arrange it. This was also a bit of a forced march because of distance and time constraints. We made it back with 15 minutes to spare. Too close for comfort for me. Our last trip (where we stayed in town) there were issues along the road and the tour busses arrived very late.

Unfortunately, large bus tours do have a lot of hurry up and wait. It's a trade off(cruise tour v private) because these sites are a good distance away

We took a private tour to Colima and Comala. Also went to the ruins. No idea who we went thru, it was in 2009 and I didn't arrange it. This was also a bit of a forced march because of distance and time constraints. We made it back with 15 minutes to spare. Too close for comfort for me. Our last trip (where we stayed in town) there were issues along the road and the tour busses arrived very late.

Unfortunately, large bus tours do have a lot of hurry up and wait. It's a trade off(cruise tour v private) because these sites are a good distance away

Thanks for the info. I think with the distance and timing, if we go out that way, it will be through Princess.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

Are the tour buses air conditioned on these all day tours to Colima? We are thinking of taking Princess' "Colonial Colima with Lunch" tour (ZLO-100).

Thanks,

Paul

Are the tour buses air conditioned on these all day tours to Colima? We are thinking of taking Princess' "Colonial Colima with Lunch" tour (ZLO-100).

Thanks,

Paul

No idea.

We did a private SUV tour.

But the busses I’ve seen are newer that look like they should have ac.