Excursions that you would never want to have missed

johno1234

We are headed on the Mexican Riviera cruise in March. First timers to that area. I was sold on Las Caletas until I read that it can get very crowded to the point that it takes a long time to use any of the water equipment because of the long lines. What are people's experiences and suggestions? I also read about the strange age restriction that nobody over 39 can go on the teen/adult "rides" (slide, etc). I will be 42 & hubby will be 44 with a 12 yr old. She will want us to go with her & we will want to join her. What's with this weird age limit? I didn't feel old until I learned I was too old for their equipment. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

We went to Las Caletas in June of 2016 with Vallarta Adventures. We didn't spend any time with the water equipment, but my wife and I, 44, went on those crazy things in Adventure Cove. (Think that's what they called it.) Food was buffet style and decent, we did what we wanted and didn't have issues, some others might have.

Our favorite excursions through Vallarta Adventures were #1. Outdoor Adventure, #2. Extreme Zipline and #3. Las Caletas. We had three teens with us and it was pretty unanimous for the order. We are active and like the adrenaline things.

I'm sure all of these trips are offered through the ship as well.

Edited by Chumpson
Extra info

• 2 months later...
I can highly recommend doing a food tour in PV. We've done Vallarta Food Tours twice. vallartafoodtours.com Highly recommend. Vallarta eats looks good too. vallartaeats.com

Great way to see and eat the town!

Second comments about just walking Cabo and seeing downtown Mazatlan then heading to Stone Island. Shack up at Lety's.

Wow, Vallarta Food Tours looks great! Thanks!

We are headed on the Mexican Riviera cruise in March. First timers to that area. I was sold on Las Caletas until I read that it can get very crowded to the point that it takes a long time to use any of the water equipment because of the long lines. What are people's experiences and suggestions? I also read about the strange age restriction that nobody over 39 can go on the teen/adult "rides" (slide, etc). I will be 42 & hubby will be 44 with a 12 yr old. She will want us to go with her & we will want to join her. What's with this weird age limit? I didn't feel old until I learned I was too old for their equipment. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This happened to 2 of my sons and their wives last summer -- they said there was so little equipment, compared to the number of people there, they were barely able to use it.