Weather in Panama Canal in Oct/Nov

lillulu

The October and November forecast for Panama is partly cloudy skies with scattered showers accompanied with thunder at times. High temperature 87 and the low 76, winds light and variable. You may insert the day/s.

OK, kidding aside and I will speak to Panama, but the weather for Colombia and Costa Rica will be essentially the same. The weather does not vary a lot here, the biggest variable will be your chance of rain and that will depend to a degree on when you are in Panama. October and November are still within the Rainy season, in general it will start to become drier as you move through November. The temps I referenced in the beginning are typical that time of year.

Don't let the threat of rain discourage you... normally the rains are not an all day event even at the height of the Wet season. If you encounter rain, it usually does not last too long and then you can resume what you were doing.

The October and November forecast for Panama is partly cloudy skies with scattered showers accompanied with thunder at times. High temperature 87 and the low 76, winds light and variable. You may insert the day/s.

OK, kidding aside and I will speak to Panama, but the weather for Colombia and Costa Rica will be essentially the same. The weather does not vary a lot here, the biggest variable will be your chance of rain and that will depend to a degree on when you are in Panama. October and November are still within the Rainy season, in general it will start to become drier as you move through November. The temps I referenced in the beginning are typical that time of year.

Don't let the threat of rain discourage you... normally the rains are not an all day event even at the height of the Wet season. If you encounter rain, it usually does not last too long and then you can resume what you were doing.

Hahahaha!!! Thanks BillB48. We actually will be there Oct 26-29th Columbia, Panama, and Costa Rica. Then we move towards Costa Maya, Belize, and Honduras.

Hahahaha!!! Thanks BillB48. We actually will be there Oct 26-29th Columbia, Panama, and Costa Rica. Then we move towards Costa Maya, Belize, and Honduras.

Enjoy your cruise lillulu. We will be there about a week before you. We will be in Colombia on October 17, cruising the Panama Canal on the 18th, and in Costa Rica on the 20th.

I am so excited for this trip! First time cruising the Canal. Something to check off the bucket list. Rain or shine, our cruises will be awesome! :)

Enjoy your cruise lillulu. We will be there about a week before you. We will be in Colombia on October 17, cruising the Panama Canal on the 18th, and in Costa Rica on the 20th.

I am so excited for this trip! First time cruising the Canal. Something to check off the bucket list. Rain or shine, our cruises will be awesome! :)

Thank you SeahawkSiren. You as well. We leave out of Miami Sunday October 23rd. We will be in Santa Marta, Colombia October 26th, Cartagena, Colombia October 27th, Panama Canal/Gatun Lake, Panama October 28th, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica October 29th, then we head out towards Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Belize City, Belize, Costa Maya, Mexico. I'm so excited I can't contain myself!! This was also a bucket list trip for me. I've always wanted to go to the Panama Canal. What shore excursions are you planning while in coombia and costa rica? We are staying on the ship for the Canal. I heard it is a great experience. And yes, They will be Awesome with either rain or shine. I do pray for shine though LOL

Edited by lillulu

Thank you SeahawkSiren. You as well. We leave out of Miami Sunday October 23rd. We will be in Santa Marta, Colombia October 26th, Cartagena, Colombia October 27th, Panama Canal/Gatun Lake, Panama October 28th, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica October 29th, then we head out towards Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Belize City, Belize, Costa Maya, Mexico. I'm so excited I can't contain myself!! This was also a bucket list trip for me. I've always wanted to go to the Panama Canal. What shore excursions are you planning while in coombia and costa rica? We are staying on the ship for the Canal. I heard it is a great experience. And yes, They will be Awesome with either rain or shine. I do pray for shine though LOL

Sounds like you are doing a round trip via Miami? Your ports are very different from ours. We are doing the full transit from Miami to San Diego. So after Cartagena, the Canal transit and Costa Rica, we go on to Nicaragua, Guatemala, Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas.

To answer your question about excursions in Colombia and Costa Rica: In Cartagena we are doing a walking tour of "old Cartagena" and will visit various places within the walled city. We are only in Cartagena for 6 hours so our time there will be limited.

Our stop in Costa Rica is in Puntarenas. We will be going to the Pura Vida Botanical Gardens and Waterfalls. I love, love, love visiting botanical gardens and viewing flora and fauna I do not get to see at home. And this garden is at 2,000 feet elevation with sweeping views! Hopefully we will also get to see scarlet macaws and toucans at these gardens. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy your other ports as well. I have been to Roatan and Costa Maya. One of my most favorite excursions was in Roatan (a dolphin excursion at Anthony's Key Resort and then lunch at Tabyana Beach). In Costa Maya I went to the Chacobben ruins. Very much enjoyed that excursion as well.

Sounds like you are doing a round trip via Miami? Your ports are very different from ours. We are doing the full transit from Miami to San Diego. So after Cartagena, the Canal transit and Costa Rica, we go on to Nicaragua, Guatemala, Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas.

To answer your question about excursions in Colombia and Costa Rica: In Cartagena we are doing a walking tour of "old Cartagena" and will visit various places within the walled city. We are only in Cartagena for 6 hours so our time there will be limited.

Our stop in Costa Rica is in Puntarenas. We will be going to the Pura Vida Botanical Gardens and Waterfalls. I love, love, love visiting botanical gardens and viewing flora and fauna I do not get to see at home. And this garden is at 2,000 feet elevation with sweeping views! Hopefully we will also get to see scarlet macaws and toucans at these gardens. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy your other ports as well. I have been to Roatan and Costa Maya. One of my most favorite excursions was in Roatan (a dolphin excursion at Anthony's Key Resort and then lunch at Tabyana Beach). In Costa Maya I went to the Chacobben ruins. Very much enjoyed that excursion as well.

Yes, we are round tripping back to Miami. Would love to do a transitioning cruise one day. Wish we were going to the Costa Rica port that you are. I heard it's better for shore excursions. We have actually stayed 8 nights in Costa Rica years ago. We stayed at the Peace Lodge and seen the waterfalls, We did ziplining over Arenal lake, Horseback riding to the volcano, and to Arenal Hot Springs. Then we went over to Guanacaste Beautiful country, beautiful people. We saw Mccaws, monkeys, and Toucans, I was like a kid in a candy store. The one thing I am wanting to see this trip is a Sloth and I am working on a tour where we will actually get to hold a baby one. My daughter is going to freak. :D Dolphins sound like fun, I'll have to look into that. I just had knee replacement so I am limited on what we can do now. Enjoy your cruise my friend.

Edited by lillulu

• 1 month later...

We did Los Angeles to Miami last month, transitted the canal October 16th and that was one of the few days we had rain, which started as we entered the first lock but only lasted an hour or so. It was hot and humid everywhere but on sea days there was usually a nice breeze which made it bearable.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

We did Los Angeles to Miami last month, transitted the canal October 16th and that was one of the few days we had rain, which started as we entered the first lock but only lasted an hour or so. It was hot and humid everywhere but on sea days there was usually a nice breeze which made it bearable.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

Hi,

On the Celebrity Infinity now...Nov 8-24, 2016. We had rain in the morning of our Panama Crossing Nov 15th) from Caribbean to Pacific and then heavy clouds balance of the day. Today in Pacific, our sea day, heavy rain all day. It's the tail end of the rainy season throughout this cruise and we have been experiencing some rain (lucky on all port days so far) high temps and high humidity. Should be cooler as we hit Costa Rica, Guatamala and Mexico, heading to San Diego.

We recently returned from our AWESOME Panama Canal cruise! We did a full transit from Miami to San Diego. The day of the actual transit was October 18. We lucked out with the weather and it did not start raining until after we completed the transit.

The temperature was 90+ degrees and the humidity was 90+ percent. A very hot and muggy day with no breeze.

An amazing day! Enjoy your Panama Canal cruises everyone!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did the canal in November last year and had a wonderful time. We had a little rain but not enough to ruin the trip or any of the excursions.

It looks like the weather has been bad recently though. We just got an email from the tour company we used in Nicaragua, they are raising money to help rebuild after a recent storm and are looking for donations. The pictures look like it was pretty severe. So much bad weather these days. https://www.nicaraguatournetwork.com/storm-relief