O stopped sending brochures to me in the mail. Anybody else?

FetaCheese

It is amusing that you are complaining about not being able to get brochures when most of us complain about getting too many. And since I get Oceania brochures, I also get Viking, NCL, Regent, plus several river boat brochures ... I tend not to look at them.

I don't know what time frame you are looking at but I have recent brochures on my computer and could forward them to you if you can let me know what you are looking for. That might be faster than complaining to O!

If the email address below doesn't work (sometimes it doesn't, I don't know why), try mura at speakeasy dot net.

I requested 3 brochures (via the O website option) on Aug. 5, 2017. I received an email acknowledgement. Then 15 days later, after an on-line complaint and a phone call (which seems to go to someone's house rather than an O office), I received one of the three brochures.

After another two complaints on-line and two more phone calls (only one of which included an "I'm sorry"), I have still not received promised brochure. Cripes, it's for the Europe cruises no less!

Like many, I get dozens of brochures, big and small, from about 4 others lines every day, but nada from Oceania. I guess they don't care.

We are taking an Oceania cruise this October (our 2nd), and I have to laugh when they offer a discount for an upcoming cruise if you book while on board. How the heck am I supposed to know what their "upcoming" cruises are if I can't even get a brochure.

I've waited and waited before posting this complaint, but I'm really turned off by this. Funny, how little things can make one change one's loyalty.

If you have a cruise soon there will be brochures in the cabin or go to the Oceania club Ambassador & ask for the brochures you want

As mentioned most of us want to get off the list

Enjoy the cruise

sorry to read your having such trouble which as you expect, should be an easy task.

I'm wondering about that phone call though. Are you phoning o's 800 number? The announcement should say this is oceania cruises not just go to somebody's house.

Your post is ironic because many on this board complain that they cannot get off of the mailing list. Perhaps it takes a while to get on, i've heard it takes a long time to get off.

You say you made three online complaints and three phone calls and yet you've never had a reply from your online complaints. That is odd and if they are not responding is poor. Are you certain that they're not ending up in your spam or junk folder as your msp might be treating them as promotional emails.

As for the discount when booking on board you have nothing to be concerned about if you're looking for a bargain. They no longer offer an "across-the-board" discount but rather additional discounts on specific cruises. Sometimes it is a very long list spanning a couple of pages and they usually send these to your cabin many, many times.

You can also visit the sales staff on board (a.k.a. Ambassadors) who are very knowledgeable and very helpful. They can also be very busy. Do not wait to the last few days. I have seen where they have sent an additional letter nearing the end of the cruise advising that if you fill out the form that you want to cruise in the future but have no specific date they will get this completed for you without having to visit them. You can then choose the cruise you want at a later date. That would get you the booking on-board such as obc and lowest price guarantee.

And i agree, it is often the little things that seems to annoy the most. Took me several years to forgive them for our "war of the roses". I am learning to move on and smell the flowers ... Oh.

not sure this is the place to reply, but i'll try. When i've called i used the "customer service" number from the website. When i've ordered on line, i used the "request a brochure" form. I got a reply the very first time i ordered on aug. 5, and i also made another request using this first reply as a basis. Nothing. The reason i said it sounded like someone's home is the persons who answered just didn't sound professional. One even seemed put out that i was upset about this. There was background noise that seemed more like a dinner table than an office. I doubt it was a home, but it sure wasn't classy service. And, i never got the brochures!!!! I come from a fine hotel background, and this type of thing gets to me. Oh well. Might be their loss.

This is so ridiculous, the amount of brochures and letters that they send me constantly and which I toss into the recycling without even looking at them, must cost a fortune. If they had to stop wasting so much money on promotional junk, they could offer better deals for people who would like to try their cruiseline but cannot afford it. eg myself. I don't even know how I got on their mailing list in the first place.

If they had to stop wasting so much money on promotional junk, they could offer better deals for people who would like to try their cruiseline but cannot afford it.

I totally agree, but I can't believe they're stupid enough to throw their marketing money away on something that doesn't provide profitability. Seems odd to me (since very few CC people say they book cruises because of the brochures), but it must work. ;p

Well, we booked our first Renaissance cruise because of a brochure that arrived in the mail. True, it concerned a cruise that fit right into our schedule. We'd already booked a flight to Milan for a two week self-drive trip for the same time frame, so it was just a matter of changing our flights to Lisbon from Milan.

And we were hooked after that.

Yes, I admit it wasn't as if we were getting tons of 50 page brochures ...

Mura

I totally agree, but I can't believe they're stupid enough to throw their marketing money away on something that doesn't provide profitability. Seems odd to me (since very few CC people say they book cruises because of the brochures), but it must work. ;p

I've mentioned more than a few times that I've booked a cruise due to looking at it in the brochure. I very rarely will go search the cruises on the website, but will thumb through the brochure.

Oceania currently has me off the mailing list. I guess they figure they already have us.

I am sure they would put you back on if you asked :halo:

Actually I've requested that on 3 different occasions. I started to get them for a short time once then it quit again. Maybe they're trying to give me a hint.

I do get a ton of Regent ones though.

Actually I've requested that on 3 different occasions. I started to get them for a short time once then it quit again. Maybe they're trying to give me a hint.

I do get a ton of Regent ones though.

Maybe they are re thinking the mailings as so many want off the list

We are off & hope it stays that way ;)

I am now getting numerous brochures again after a brief lull. The sad thing is that we get double of everything. One to our home address and the same thing to our PO Box. I have asked to have the PO Box removed from the mailing list but as of today we still receive duplicates. Everything goes to recycle.

Interesting. I had gone on 7 trips with a different organization and they suddenly stopped sending me brochures after our last trip and ignored all requests that they be continued. Since then, I have booked 3 Oceania trips because they do keep sending me brochures. Seems like I'm not interested in another cruise until I see a trip and dates that work.

Mary

I've mentioned more than a few times that I've booked a cruise due to looking at it in the brochure. I very rarely will go search the cruises on the website, but will thumb through the brochure.

Oceania currently has me off the mailing list. I guess they figure they already have us.

We have booked more than once from the brochures. We were on the list, then off the list. Requested but no go. Our TA got us back on. (It was in her best interest. [emoji6])

The brochures work. We now have 3 cruises booked. 2 next year and 1 in 2019. I don't look at them all, but sometimes flip through, something attracts my attention and next thing I know we have fallen down the rabbit hole and have booked a cruise. Or 2.....

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There has definitely been a decrease in the amount I receive. Mine go mostly in the garbage as I was sick and tired of prices being advertised that are sold out or waitlisted. Same as the Website. No prices do not start at $1,899 when the only thing you have available starts at $3,499.

I too have experienced a large drop in the number brochures. Perhaps someone from O read this board!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

I guess it is different strokes etc. but I like getting them. Never know what I might miss from the big books. Keeps us up to date. :):)