Mini Bar Stocking Prefereces

Genoabay

Wondering if anyone knows how to find the form on the Silversea website where one can indicate prior to the cruise as to how you would like your mini bar stocked and what your preferences are

I think they dropped that option. I remember being able to do it for our first couple of Silversea cruises but it was not or at least is not available in MySilversea. Last couple of cruises our butler has asked us during his introduction meeting what we want stocked.

Agree with Randy's post. We just told our butler what we'd like and it came almost immediately. We didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary (champagne and Grey Goose) so if you want something more exotic, it may be more of a problem.

We still always arrange the stocking in advance. Our TA gives the details to Silversea Special Services and it is done by the time we move into the suite. Never had a problem.

Agreed.We have used our TA to communicate our personal suite requirements for twenty years and SS have never made a mistake yet.In the changing world of cruising it is pleasing to report that luxury service is still available on SS,fingers crossed it continues for our future cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What types of drinks do most people request to have stocked? My husband likes dirty martinis and I like pomegranate ones but I don't want to ask for too much. Should we just stick to something simple like champagne?

I have never asked for a mixed drink to be stocked, especially when the bars are usually close by and open.

I ask for a bottle of white wine, or prosecco or vinho verde, or rose, depending on my mood and may ask for champagne, and my DH asks for a bottle of Bombay sapphire or some other gin. He asks for olives.

He makes his own gin on the rocks with an olive or two.

The butler will replenish your refrig as needed and ice is replenished twice a day.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing we learned from our last cruise was that if there are certain items even soft drinks you want do have your TA followup with Guest Services. The ones we wanted turned out not to be standard (something caffeine free such as diet Sprite) and it was challenging to get any.

Keith

• 3 months later...

Reviving this thread with great interest, as I'm realizing that I'm such a newbie that I don't know what might be "standard."

For example, are flavored seltzers too non-standard? Specifically, San Pellegrino? More specifically, grapefruit San Pellegrino? I'm easily pleased with the first, but would be over the moon with the third.

Likewise, for alcohol, might there be an option for an amaro, or is that too much of a specialty item? I've been fantasizing about an amaro nightcap on my balcony each evening.

Because SS is an Italian line, perhaps those two items might be in the range of normal? What do you all think?

With thanks in advance,

Unibok,

Ask your travel agent to request your preferred libations well ahead of time. Nothing can be guaranteed, but when I requested blood orange Pellegrino for my tea-tottler, it was waiting alongside the ship when we embarked. I think it's mainly a matter of giving them enough time to make arrangements to procure it for you, and it never hurts to ask!

Bechi

Unibok,

Ask your travel agent to request your preferred libations well ahead of time. Nothing can be guaranteed, but when I requested blood orange Pellegrino for my tea-tottler, it was waiting alongside the ship when we embarked. I think it's mainly a matter of giving them enough time to make arrangements to procure it for you, and it never hurts to ask!

Bechi

Thanks for the advice, Bechi! They have put in the request, and as we are still 27 days out, I am hopeful.

Just make sure you don't leave it too long. We kept forgetting and finally managed to ask for a bottle of gin half way through the cruise - it seems that time runs out. They won't let you have it if you are much past halfway into the cruise, so ask for what you want in the first few days. I seem to recall that on Seabourn they just brought whatever we wanted, whenever,

We have never been denied the requests for our mini fridge no matter the time into the cruise.

Silversea will do their best to accommodate what you want and go the extra mile...

which included our Butler having the galley roast and salt some cashews for DH.

She saw he wasn't eating all the cashews she had brought, and asked why.

He simply said he liked the roasted salted ones more.

That was all it took.

I think they dropped that option. I remember being able to do it for our first couple of Silversea cruises but it was not or at least is not available in MySilversea. Last couple of cruises our butler has asked us during his introduction meeting what we want stocked.

Highly recommend requesting in advance. On my 2016 Voyage out of Rome, i did not. When I told my butler my requests at embarkation (nothing major...one varietal of wine and a bottle of Grand Marnier), he said that this should have requested this in advance and it might be a few days until he was able to provide these (!!!). He then suggested that I could always order a drink in the bar and bring it back to my suite....

Realize this was just a problem with this one butler, but last year I made sure to request in advance through my TA.

I learned too late on our last Silversea cruise that we would have made requests ahead of time.

I waned some diet sodas (not caffeine) and because we didn't arrange for that in advance there was very little available.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for the tips, we put in our request with our SS TA on Monday, got the confirm yesterday that we are all set. I'll keep you posted, we are set to sail on April 3. We went general with our preferences, and he asked "any particular brands?" No sir, we're actually interested in trying something new and different. Beyond excited here

I did not know you could do this on our previous Silversea cruises.

What can you request in this way? Is there a cut off point in price or do you pay for these requests anyway?

If I wanted a particular malt whisky or rum or beer that was not ordinarily stocked, would that be provided on request?

We got confirmation from my TA last week:

- A bottle of champagne

- A bottle of Chardonnay

- Stela Artois

- Ginger ale Canada Dry Ginger

- Evian - 6 bottles (0,5 liter)

- Aqua Panna - 6 bottles (0,5 liter)

All no extra charge. We figure we’ll go to the bar for any mixed drinks.

Um, party in Napria's suite!

We requested a bottle of sweet red wine, a sweet reisling, and bottled ice tea. Mixed drinks at the bar, socialize with our 300 new best friends. Someone had posted earlier about requesting snacks as well. We didn't go that far .... yet.

Don't you just love this forum for information?