Formal nights on transatlantic repositional.

vinob

Hi folk can anyone who has done this cruise previously give me an idea of when the formal nights are likely to be. Do you find out when the formal nights are as soon as you board.

Would like to book some select dining but don't want to do it on the formal nights.

Any help appreciated.

You'll find out which are the formal nights as soon as you board. The only certain thing is that it won't be the final night before you reach Southampton. If you book a Select Dining night and then find it clashes with a Formal evening you can easily change it, we done that and there's never been a problem.

Strategic plan on booking "Select Dining" if it is possible to cancel and get a refund, book too many nights and if they turn out to be "Black-tie Nights" cancel those leaving the ones that you want or change the date. Anyone know if cancellation charges apply? I have only booked, on the night for now, off peak and walked in.

Sea days tend to be Formal, either first or second plus first after Madeira/Azores or whatever the intermediate port is going to be. Consecutive formal nights will not be likely either, they will be spaced out. These are what I should bet on just a guess.

Regards John

Hi folk can anyone who has done this cruise previously give me an idea of when the formal nights are likely to be. Do you find out when the formal nights are as soon as you board.

Would like to book some select dining but don't want to do it on the formal nights.

Any help appreciated.

They seemed to come fast and furious on Azura last year. I think we had 3 that happened every other day which was a bit much for me. :)

They were all done before we got to saint maarten (St. Lucia this year) which is on 30th Oct.´

So If your're on the Azura I'd go for:

- 22nd.

- 25th.

- 27th.

- 29th.

On Britannia that might be:

- 29th

- 1st

- 3rd

- 5th

But I may be wrong! :D

I don't remember the Select Dining venues being all that full on Azura last year, so you should be okay waiting until you get on the ship and booking then.

Don't know about Britannia though.

Have a great time.

Edited by mds143