Time Disembarkation Starts, Ruby Princess, World Cruise Terminal

qsuzi

The answer is that it can vary based on my experience of arriving back to the Cruise Center and part of this is how many ship are in port.

In general I would plan on it taking place starting around 8:30 AM. Could be a little earlier then that.

Keith

In my experience, disembarkation beginning before 7:50 is uncommon, but 8:30 is towards the later end of normal. The problem is that there have been 9:00-10:00s more than once.

The first few groups out are express self-carry - perhaps as many as 200 passengers or so.

The biggest determinant of time is where the ship came from: if the voyage departed from Los Angeles, disembarkation is likely to start earlier and run smoothly. If it originated in Vancouver, BC, and has been calling in the US recently, it may start a little later and run slower due to passenger immigration issues. If it originated outside the US or Canada it can start later and run glacially.

I would agree to be flexible. If scheduling a pick up, see if the vehicle can be in touch with you that morning. I've had land transportation call me when nearby and I'll update whether still waiting in my assigned disembarkation lounge or picking up our luggage in the baggage room (we never do disembarkation because we have too much stuff to take care of it ourselves, but then we're just going back to the SFV if in LA, and not going to the airport in the morning if elsewhere). 9:30 seems to work out for us, but once we didn't get off the ship in San Pedro until 11. A driver who's experienced with port pick ups will know where the private shuttles stay until their clients call them.