Cost of taxis in Zeebrugge

Sunshine Boy

Zeebrugge is a container port and as far as I can remember no vehicles are allowed in apart from the coaches. Walking about is within the docks area is not permitted either. The coaches are excursion coaches and the free shuttle coaches, run by the port authority, which take you to the gates. There is a shuttle into town with a bus stop outside the port gates. Exit the gate, turn right go past the light ship and submarine museums and there is the bus stop. You can get a return ticket on the day and even use a credit card to pay. Some people get a taxi from here but I recommend the bus. Drops you in town and has a regular service.

Return journey is shuttle to dock gates then the port authority shuttle from the security hut to the ship quayside. The security hut offers weather protection. Return taxis drop you off at the security hut too as I recall.

Regards John

We missed the second last train back and did not want to take any chances so paid for a taxi back. It was 45 euros for one way and that was 11 years ago! It also took us a couple of tries to get a taxi that was prepared to go out of the city.

Ever since we have got a Brugge on your own through P&O (or any other cruise line we travel with).

A pre booked taxi journey may of course be much less.

We have a coach pre-booked for our short cruise to Bruges in December. We have agreed (but will pay on the day) a return fare if 100 euro for 5 people. The P&O coach drop off is a 20 min walk to the centre of Bruges which is no good for some of our group hence the taxi

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got a taxi from the dock gates at Zeebrugge last December. It cost €50 each way. There were taxis waiting at the dick gates, we booked the same one to pick us up at the end of the day.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks people

It looks like will have to see what P O offer as my wife is a wheelchair user and cannot manage the coach steps and in and out of various transport would not be fun

My wife is a wheelchair user and we used a taxi to and from Bruges in February. We pre-booked with Martins Taxis and I would happily recommend them. The fare is set by the local authority and is 50 euros each way, regardless of passenger numbers. They are not allowed to charge you in advance, you pre book but pay on the day. The cabs wait for you on the road outside the port gates. You take the free port shuttle between the ship and the port gates, NOT the P&O shuttle to Blankenberge. Taxis will drop you off right in the centre, avoiding the 20 min walk each way to or from the station or coach park. Bruges is cobbled but we got around the centre without difficulty. We couldn’t do the boat tour as it wasn’t accessible due to steps. When we told our driver that she gave us a tour around the waterways by road and also drove us back to the ship via the non direct route to show us the nicer residential areas - all for no extra charge. It was like a private tour! Be warned - some passengers had pre booked with a company that demanded pre payment and then didn’t show up.

Thanks I will look into Martins taxis

Ask for “Lou with the white hair in the air” (her description of herself). She was hysterical and was one of the two unexpected highlights of our short cruise - the other being the Special Boat Service (SBS - SAS equivalent) doing a live nighttime drill at the aft of the ship which we watched from our balcony - it was like a James Bond film!