Azura cabin E731 or a suite on Riveria deck

Maz85

Hi.

I have the choice of cabin E731 on Azura or a Suite on the Riveria deck.

Does anyone have any opinions on either cabins. Pictures would be great too!

Many Thanks.

If you look through these forums you will find plenty of people who have had bad experiences with the Riviera deck suites. They are directly underneath the sunbathing deck and you hear the deckchairs being dragged around constantly, including being woken up very early every morning as the crew drag them around as they wash the decks down. The sound insulation is so poor you actually hear the footsteps of people passing overhead. You have been warned!

Hi.

I have the choice of cabin E731 on Azura or a Suite on the Riveria deck.

Does anyone have any opinions on either cabins. Pictures would be great too!

Many Thanks.

And I’ve just noticed that E731 is directly above Manhattan, the show Lounge, which means that you will be disturbed by loud music every night, until the early hours of the morning. Are these the only options you have? Neither are good choices. I have a simple rule. Never book a cabin that is directly above or below public rooms or areas. You are asking for trouble. Always book a cabin that has other cabins above and below it.

Hello,

I echo Selbourne's comments.

I am one of those who has suffered with a mid ship suite on Azura on Riviera Deck ... never again!!

Because of this I wouldn't book a cabin above Manhattan either.

As Selbourne has said you're better off booking a cabin which has cabins above & below it.

Joan

And I’ve just noticed that E731 is directly above Manhattan, the show Lounge, which means that you will be disturbed by loud music every night, until the early hours of the morning. Are these the only options you have? Neither are good choices. I have a simple rule. Never book a cabin that is directly above or below public rooms or areas. You are asking for trouble. Always book a cabin that has other cabins above and below it.

I was in E731 for 2 weeks a couple of years ago and was warned about the noise, but it was fine.

The Manhattan stage (and the main speakers) are on the port side and positioned directly under E730. Now E730 is the cabin I would avoid.

I really hate to contradict anyone on here but the first two replies are very misleading . E731 is a fabulous cabin in a fabulous location, Very quiet at the end of the corridor with no passing traffic and best of all an enormous balcony with fantastic views including the wake. There is no noise from Manhatten as all the music etc is on the opposite side, I would avoid Riviera deck like the plague. We have had E731 four times and E733 just recently and not heard a thing from Manhatten.

• Thanks 1

I really hate to contradict anyone on here but the first two replies are very misleading . E731 is a fabulous cabin in a fabulous location, Very quiet at the end of the corridor with no passing traffic and best of all an enormous balcony with fantastic views including the wake. There is no noise from Manhatten as all the music etc is on the opposite side, I would avoid Riviera deck like the plague. We have had E731 four times and E733 just recently and not heard a thing from Manhatten.

I am quite happy to be corrected as I have not stayed in E731. I find it absolutely amazing that you cannot hear noise from Manhattan at all, even if the speakers are on the other side, but you have first hand experience which is more relevant.

We have been forward on Riveria deck 3 times and very quiet, it's not under the pool there. Can be rocky if the sea is rough but a great location otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you referring to a suite on Riviera deck as that is what the poster is asking for information about, not the forward cabins? According to the deck plans, ALL suites on Riviera deck are midships and directly underneath the pool deck areas.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in a suite on that deck in May the noise was unreal, tables, chairs and sun-loungers were dragged over my head from 6am onwards also late at night after parties, we managed to have the area over our cabin cordoned off, it didn't work as the smokers on board just moved the cordon or the deck cleaners who start at 5.30 just ignored it.

This is a well known and REAL problem in these suites

We settled it with P and O onboard (NDA signed) but would never have any sort of cabin on Riviera deck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Absolutely agree about the Riviera Deck suites - avoid at all costs. It amazes me that these are sold at premium prices when there are so many better suite options (and at lower prices too).

An additional factor is whether the occupants of a particular stateroom are hard of hearing or have sensitive ears - people vary hugely in their ability to be disturbed by noise at night. Some sleep through significant disturbance whilst whilst others are woken up by the slightest sound, or the repetitive clunk of a wall panel moving with the roll and pitch of the ship in wilder weather. If you are the kind of person not particularly disturbed by noise then the decision process is different to anyone who is noise sensitive.

An additional factor is whether the occupants of a particular stateroom are hard of hearing or have sensitive ears - people vary hugely in their ability to be disturbed by noise at night. Some sleep through significant disturbance whilst whilst others are woken up by the slightest sound, or the repetitive clunk of a wall panel moving with the roll and pitch of the ship in wilder weather. If you are the kind of person not particularly disturbed by noise then the decision process is different to anyone who is noise sensitive.

This is certainly true. Worse cabin I had for sleep was a midship C deck inside cabin on Azura. When I laid down there was a sort of vibration that really disturbed me. Didn't sleep well at all for most of the cruise. My husband is slightly deaf and slept fine [emoji849].

We decided it was something

to do with the funnel so now I've gone back to mid/forward cabins, sleep much better there!

Are you referring to a suite on Riviera deck as that is what the poster is asking for information about, not the forward cabins? According to the deck plans, ALL suites on Riviera deck are midships and directly underneath the pool deck areas.

No sorry only just seen your reply. It wasn't a suite I was just saying not all Riveria deck is to be avoided.