Moments magazine

samjane92

Hello,

Has anybody had the latest copy? I am really keen to know the officer schedule for our upcoming Aurora cruise which leaves a month tomorrow. Particularly the Entertainment manager as it looked like it would be Leon De Ste Croix and that would absolutely make my mums cruise!

It is the peninsular club magazine. My mum gets them but when she got the last one I made sure I opted into postal marketing so we will see.

Website states:

The Peninsular Club magazine, Moments, is delivered by post twice a year in spring and in autumn.

If you are a member of the Peninsular Club and have opted in to receive mailings and have cruised with

P&O Cruises in the last three years you will be automatically posted a copy of the next issue.

To check that you are opted in to mailings please visit the 'Your Account' section on the P&O Cruises website.

Please note if this is the first time you have accessed your account online you will need to register for an online account by clicking on the 'create an account' section on the left hand side of the log-in page.

Website states:

The Peninsular Club magazine, Moments, is delivered by post twice a year in spring and in autumn.

If you are a member of the Peninsular Club and have opted in to receive mailings and have cruised with

P&O Cruises in the last three years you will be automatically posted a copy of the next issue.

To check that you are opted in to mailings please visit the 'Your Account' section on the P&O Cruises website.

Please note if this is the first time you have accessed your account online you will need to register for an online account by clicking on the 'create an account' section on the left hand side of the log-in page.

I fulfil that criteria but never receive a magazine. I asked on one of our last cruises, why, but she couldn't identify any reason...

• 4 weeks later...

Does the captain and cruise director really make a difference.

If you think so can you please post names of the good, and the poor, together with the reasons why you think they are the best, or the worst. Just interested in your thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does the captain and cruise director really make a difference.

If you think so can you please post names of the good, and the poor, together with the reasons why you think they are the best, or the worst. Just interested in your thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There have been derogatory comments posted about officers in the past. I think it is very bad practice to slag off officers on this forum to which they cannot respond. It is completely subjective and unfair and in my opinion any such posts should be removed and posters warned about the appropriateness of any further postings. I believe in free speech but not if it unfairly maligns others.

There have been derogatory comments posted about officers in the past. I think it is very bad practice to slag off officers on this forum to which they cannot respond. It is completely subjective and unfair and in my opinion any such posts should be removed and posters warned about the appropriateness of any further postings. I believe in free speech but not if it unfairly maligns others.

I agree. People are different and have different opinions about all members of staff. Most people are just doing their jobs and as in all occupations some may be better than others. If you start criticising an individual the comments on these social networking sites can get out of hand and could e seen as slanderous.

I agree. People are different and have different opinions about all members of staff. Most people are just doing their jobs and as in all occupations some may be better than others. If you start criticising an individual the comments on these social networking sites can get out of hand and could e seen as slanderous.

Ooops! I forgot the "b"

Or even libellous...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do believe the "names at the top" can make a difference (it really is the same in any organisation). Friends who are regular cruisers across a number of lines often comment that the Master and the Staff Director or equivalent can engender good morale and team spirit across what is a very large number of staff.

Passengers like Captains who are generally highly visible and seen around the ship. On a Cunard sailing a few years ago, the Captain would "walk the ship" at least twice a day for what was probably an hour each time and we found out from crew that he did the same below decks making sure that during the course of the week he visited all departments from the laundry to engineering and so on.

On one of our Celebrity sailings we saw the Cruise Director so frequently around the ship, we all wondered how she found the time to pack everything in (and she was probably the best Cruise Director/Entertainment Manager we have had the fortune to sail with).

I do believe the "names at the top" can make a difference (it really is the same in any organisation). Friends who are regular cruisers across a number of lines often comment that the Master and the Staff Director or equivalent can engender good morale and team spirit across what is a very large number of staff.

Passengers like Captains who are generally highly visible and seen around the ship. On a Cunard sailing a few years ago, the Captain would "walk the ship" at least twice a day for what was probably an hour each time and we found out from crew that he did the same below decks making sure that during the course of the week he visited all departments from the laundry to engineering and so on.

Agree completely. People say they don't care who the Captain is and it makes no difference but I agree he or she sets the tone for the ship in conjunction with the Ents Manager. I think they make a difference to our enjoyment because if the staff are happy and smiling, so are we. You definitely see them around the ship more than you used to and I think this really matters to crew so they feel valued and to passengers

I think the P&O captains have to be excellent PR Managers these days and the ones we've been onboard with recently have done a great job. The first time I really noticed this was with Angelo Vago on Oceana when Costa Concordia went down. We were in the Caribbean and he did a fantastic job at reassuring us, keeping us informed and calming anxiety. He also managed a difficult situation when a passenger died on an excursion and there was a police enquiry etc. This too was dealt with a very professional yet diplomatic way.

I agree totally with the above comments. It is really no different to being a Hotel Manager where my motto was always "See and be Seen". It always worked well - you are a member of the team, except that you are at the top, and those on the lowest rung of the ladder as just as important and vital for the business to succeed, whatever it is. Without staff, and of course guests, no business can be successful.......