Drink package changes

sidari

*According to the UK brochure, the price is £23, Ken.

Is the price being quoted in Euros on your booking? (I'm wondering why you're looking at the Sterling price - did you book thru' a UK agent? That's the only way I can see you'd have the ability to purchase it at £23.)

*I can't provide a link as the UK site won't load on Safari for me. It loads on Chrome but won't load the brochure! clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744 I managed to get the info on Chrome on my phone.

Here you are Bea a link to the UK 2018/2019 online brochure

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

page #214

bevrage%20packages.jpg

Pete

Only $6 per diem more for the Deluxe (premium) drinks package on a 9+ night cruise than the Classic drinks package! I couldn't believe it when I made an Aurea booking on Divina and enquired about how much it would cost to upgrade from the included package to the premium one and found out how little extra it was. It was Dave (Sidari) originally posting how little it cost him to upgrade on his Seaside booking that gave me the heads-up.

I noticed that on my Divina booking about the premium coffees and water being included in the basic and thought it was a typo! However, the (old) More-for-Less package (when currency onboard is $) did always include better selections than the Allegrissimo and I put that down to the fact that it's quite a bit pricier. The former is $47 and the latter costs our US friends on Euro sailings $29 (for cruises of up to 8 days).

Even the wording about included wines has changed. Dave (Sidari) was told by a supervisor in MSC that sparkling wines have now been removed from the basic package, but a poster on here has just confirmed that it's still available!

The drop in prices for longer cruises has surprised me. Though, as I've posted before, the range on the premium package has been diminishing for the last couple of years and premium drinks that were included are now "Super Premium", double-asterisked items.

It seems MSC sweden was right after all :(

I asked a while back about different age groups for children drink packages

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2527828

msc_beverages_zpsveqykip5.png

Now the same info has reached the US market. Notice how little is included for kids 3-11

b9zEpFb9zEpF

I really dislike how they've taken a way just about everything a child would want like ice-cream, milkshakes and smoothies. How where they thinking?? I can't see any other reason than to try to nickle & dime the parents.

I know MSC are sort of budget... but things like this is just... annoying and the question is how much annoyance one can take to save money.

Edited by ds99jove

It seems MSC sweden was right after all :(

I asked a while back about different age groups for children drink packages

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2527828

msc_beverages_zpsveqykip5.png

Now the same info has reached the US market. Notice how little is included for kids 3-11

b9zEpFb9zEpF

I really dislike how they've taken a way just about everything a child would want like ice-cream, milkshakes and smoothies. How where they thinking?? I can't see any other reason than to try to nickle & dime the parents.

I know MSC are sort of budget... but things like this is just... annoying and the question is how much annoyance one can take to save money.

Yes .................. 2 different packages for 2 different age groups now:

ALL-INCLUSIVE CLASSIC DRINK PACKAGE CHILD Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited non-alcoholic cocktails, smoothies, milkshakes, canned soft drinks, energy drinks, Premium mineral water, fruit juices, coffee-based drinks, hot chocolate delights and takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants including specialty restaurants. This package can be sold only to MINORS 12-20 YEARS who are part of the group/family with all-inclusive package code 534 or 536 TERMS & CONDITIONS: Same as Adult version of the package

ALL-INCLUSIVE SOFT DRINK PACKAGE Thirst-quenching experience for our youngest guests! Unlimited sodas, mineral water and fruit juices. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants including specialty restaurants. This package can be sold only to children 3-11 YEARS who are part of the group/family with all-inclusive package code 534 or 536 TERMS & CONDITIONS: Same as Adult version of the package

The Classic is priced at $18.50 pppd and the Soft Drinks at $7 pppd on our booking. That's a difference of $11.50!

Bea ... When does this nonsense begin with regards to 3 to 11 year olds ?

I've no idea, Dave. DS99 started a thread on the subject on July 31st when they discovered it on the Swedish website. I just posted what's on offer on my Divina booking (with prices showing in $ despite our friend in MSC saying otherwise!) because the photos of the different packages aren't showing on DS99's post here. We don't even know when the 2-tier pricing is coming into effect! I know that it's at least November as someone posted on here that they're getting the cheaper rate on a Grand Voyage in that month and I know it's after September because it's not in effect for our upcoming cruise.

It's becoming impossible to discuss the subject of drinks packages on here with so many variations being introduced.

As far as I know the two kids who will be with us will get the Gelato, mocktails, coffee etc on their package, it appears that MSC have finally lost the plot with their meddling of the drink packages.

We will never see a common sense approach from MSC because they do not possess any between them, a drink package that applies to all regions which includes the same items certainly seems to be way beyond the understanding of the current Idiots who have been tasked with sorting it out.

MSC have fast become a Joke.

because the photos of the different packages aren't showing on DS99's post here.

Sorry, seems to be very hard to post reliable images here :/ I'm guessing it's a bandwidth issue as it displayed atleast for me yesterday. Lol, I'm a system developer and I can't get the pictures to work :) It was just a magnified screenshot from the US catalog showing the 2 children packages with different age groups.

Thank you very much for posting that little nugget. 👍🏻:hearteyes: :*

Dave (Sidari) .... hope you see this - your other half will be glad to hear it! I know I am - I'm now looking forward to having it available in 3 weeks on Magnifica as we only have the basic package this time. It'll sure supplement the wine package I'm purchasing! :p

Have a wonderful cruise, IHLOZ!!!!!

Thanks Bea - we had a fab time

• 1 month later...
As far as I know the two kids who will be with us will get the Gelato, mocktails, coffee etc on their package, it appears that MSC have finally lost the plot with their meddling of the drink packages.

We will never see a common sense approach from MSC because they do not possess any between them, a drink package that applies to all regions which includes the same items certainly seems to be way beyond the understanding of the current Idiots who have been tasked with sorting it out.

MSC have fast become a Joke.

The gelato on a drinks package is even more complicated now, as no-one can have free gelato on any package on Meraviglia because they have given a franchise gelato outlet a shop on the mall to sell gelato and crepes. So it's only gelato as part of a meal, unless you read my review and know what to do if you are a YC guest.

Pete

Pete ... I doubt we will be sailing on Meraviglia or the other ships of that class, will be interesting to see if they do the same on Seaside although our DeLuxe package says Gelato is included currently.