Entry to Peninsula Club and flying home.

Sammeesam

Hello again,

Another couple of questions, please. During our forthcoming cruise (excited!) we will spend our 15th night on board with P and O giving us access to The Peninsula Club. Do any of you good folk know if we will automatically start to receive club benefits (assume there are benefits) or should we present ourselves to reception and ask? Would they have details of our previous cruises to confirm? I'm not sure what's the best way to do this.

Also, can you let me know what happens with luggage when flying home (from the Caribbean) I read that hold luggage gets put outside on the last night as standard, but will I get any paperwork to confirm? Thinking of worst case scenario of arriving at Gatwick and no case appears on the belt, and I've no proof I left my bag outside my room two days earlier.

Thanks all.

On your first point,if it occurs on your cruise, no benefits are applied until your next cruise. Also your peninsular club level does not change mid cruise. This is how we found it.clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

Second point no paperwork is issued,trust and luck,its what makes the world go round.clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

On a happy note,someone may have your laundry!clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

That's correct, points gained during the cruise are not applied until the next cruise. As far as the luggage is concerned we've never had any paperwork about the luggage returning. When you're on board, near the end of the cruise you will receive an envelope containing disembarking procedure forms to fill in and also labels to attach to your luggage. You will also have to attend an immigration procedure on the ship when you get back to Barbados. Don't worry about it, everything always goes very smoothly.

On your first point,if it occurs on your cruise, no benefits are applied until your next cruise. Also your peninsular club level does not change mid cruise. This is how we found it.clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

Second point no paperwork is issued,trust and luck,its what makes the world go round.clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

On a happy note,someone may have your laundry!clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

Except on World cruises where points are added at the end of each segment. Whatever a segment may be??

Except on World cruises where points are added at the end of each segment. Whatever a segment may be??

I'd guess that it's a leg of the cruise that can be booked independently without booking the rest of the world cruise.

I'd guess that it's a leg of the cruise that can be booked independently without booking the rest of the world cruise.

Yes, the cruise is broken down into specific sectors.

At the end of each sector any charges on your account are settled against your credit card etc and also loyalty points are awarded for that sector.

What time do you disembark the ship in Barbados?

Flight isn't until 1800 - do they take you to the airport very early?

You will need to vacate your cabin about 8am but usuallly you will leave the ship about 3 hours or so before your flight. You will be able to use a day cabin until later at a cost if you want to otherwise you just wait in the public areas or you can leave the ship for a while if you want to. You can leave your hand luggage on the ship somewhere usually the theatre I think.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

On Oceana last week from Valletta, we received an envelope with our boarding passes and our seats reserved and we had been checked in. We were given new luggage labels and told exactly what to do with them and we were told that we would not need to collect them until the carousel at Gatwick. BUT we were flying Thomson ( now TUI) and they may be the only ones who take care of the luggage all the way. We were given a time to go to a particular venue on the ship for our coach.