ROV Princess Bouquet/venue questions

3kidsncats

Hey Everyone!

Hoping anyone who has already done a Renewal on a Princess ship will have some info and/or photos to share. Most of what I've been able find online is several years old, so particularly interested in anything from 2015/2016.

Recently booked a surprise ROV for the hubby and I on our upcoming Ruby cruise, when we are traveling with two other couples. We plan on doing a party/renewal for our 25th anniversary spring of 2018. We have been waffling on where and what we want to do for that milestone. I thought doing a basic ROV on the cruise we already have planned would be a good trial run, to see if it is something we would want to book in 2018, with our family and friends. Or maybe we aren't happy with it, and prefer a land-based event. We have an UBD planned early in the cruise, at which I will "propose" and tell him about the ROV that is booked later in the week.

Part of what I'm hoping to see, in the ROV next month, is how much personal preference can be incorporated. What kind of flowers are in the bouquet, do you get any input in that, and can you upgrade the flowers if you want? Can you choose to hold it somewhere other than the chapel? (the photos I've seen of the Ruby chapel are uninspiring to say the least -- one of the whole reasons to consider a cruise renewal is to include ocean views). Will the dining staff work with you (MDR, Anytime dining) to reserve a table, maybe allow a small table decor (something simple like pretty napkins that I bring, or name cards, etc), or gift to friends to be placed at the table just before we arrive? (Something one of our friends could pop over to place while we are getting some pictures-- so not an extra demand on staff) I have to meet with the Head Waiter everyday for dietary needs anyway, so hoping that will help, lol.

So anyone with any flower photos, or suggestions, experiences, etc, would be appreciated.

Not getting any response, so just going ahead with planning -- and sharing here since it's a secret at home, so I can't be enthused there!

For the post renewal dinner, I ordered what I expect to be gorgeous jeweled starfish napkin rings, and started making pale blue linen napkins that I am hemstitching by hand. Will also do a blue table square, since I found a stunning crystal covered candle holder (large cylinder with crystal wired all around the outside) to put in the center of the table. I bought a string of LED lights to put inside, and will place the floral bouquet in it, and turn it into a glowing crystal vase for the table centerpiece.

I'm hoping to find affordable blue champagne flutes, but so far have only found blue wine glasses (at a bit more than I want to spend). I may just get some nice Polish crystal flutes and put a ribbon on the stem, or something. I found a set of 6 at a local store for $15 --very budget friendly. And also considering silver place card holders, to embellish with ribbon and more of the jeweled starfish, that will be gifted to our friends, to take home and use to display a photo.

My goal is for the dinner table to have a styled and beautiful look, with just a few simple additions that I can place, if the staff aren't able to do it.

I am making a dress for myself -- have the muslin bodice fit, and tomorrow will finish the skirt muslin. It will be a silver taupe silk with beaded Alencon lace bodice, short, sheath style. I have a huge stash of fabric and lace to work with, that has been sitting unused for too long. My husband believes I'm working on a birthday dress (my 50th is during the cruise). Once I start working with the actual fabric, will have to keep it hidden.

Edited by 3kidsncats

• 1 month later...

So lots of changes since I last posted. We leave on Saturday. I "proposed" tonight, because the perfect moment presented itself.

The holidays and a house full of college students waylaid my sewing plans, so I ended up buying a dress and napkins. Was not able to find the style of glassware I wanted, so dropped that plan. Easier to not worry about weight and breakage.

Will post my experience and photos soon!!

I can't help you with your questions. Sorry :(

I am getting married on a Princess cruise in June on next year and would love to hear about your experience when you've returned! Thanks in advance and have a wonderful trip!

If you would like me to get detailed pictures of a specific area, or ask any questions while on board, let me know. Sometimes it is helpful in the planning, and I see you are booked on the Ruby for your big day!

Yes! We picked the Ruby for her itinerary. She seems like a lovely ship. Would love to see the inside of Vines and Skywalkers. Most of my ceremony is off the ship in Juneau. Just trying to find a good place for the after party. Probably 20-30 prople cruising with us. I am also curious how you are finding the food at dinner time. What venues are you using? Are you signed up for traditional, anytime, or club class?

Thank you again for the wonderful info!

• 7 months later...
Yes! We picked the Ruby for her itinerary. She seems like a lovely ship. Would love to see the inside of Vines and Skywalkers. Most of my ceremony is off the ship in Juneau. Just trying to find a good place for the after party. Probably 20-30 prople cruising with us. I am also curious how you are finding the food at dinner time. What venues are you using? Are you signed up for traditional, anytime, or club class?

Thank you again for the wonderful info!

Somehow I missed this post -- we were already aboard the Ruby when you posted, so that may be why. Did you end up booking the Ruby? I see NCL in your signature, so wondering if you booked with them instead. I did do a thorough photo review of our renewal when we got back, and there is a link to it in my signature. We are booked on the Ruby again, late March 2018 for our 25th anniversary. Time for another renewal ;-). This is the actual trip we've planned on for a while -- this past January was a spontaneous decision just to check it out in advance of our 25th. We have 12 people joining us, so far, for our upcoming cruise. Can't wait!!

• 2 weeks later...

Would you mind posting pics of your dinner table? Did the staff put it on for you and do you feel it was worth the energy? Also, will you do table décor for the upcoming trip? I know it's a lot more people hence more table, so will you put décor on them all?

Somehow I missed this post -- we were already aboard the Ruby when you posted, so that may be why. Did you end up booking the Ruby? I see NCL in your signature, so wondering if you booked with them instead. I did do a thorough photo review of our renewal when we got back, and there is a link to it in my signature. We are booked on the Ruby again, late March 2018 for our 25th anniversary. Time for another renewal ;-). This is the actual trip we've planned on for a while -- this past January was a spontaneous decision just to check it out in advance of our 25th. We have 12 people joining us, so far, for our upcoming cruise. Can't wait!!

Would you mind posting pics of your dinner table? Did the staff put it on for you and do you feel it was worth the energy? Also, will you do table décor for the upcoming trip? I know it's a lot more people hence more table, so will you put décor on them all?

I will do something personal for the tables in March. I don't want to burden staff with anything extensive, so will keep it simple. The colored napkins with jeweled napkin rings, and a lit up crystal vase for my bouquet worked really well, and was super quick to set up when we arrived at the MDR. The staff really didn't do anything special for us at the table.

For March, I'm hoping to come up with an easily transportable vase idea, with some floral element -- silk or paper flowers (found some incredible paper crepe Peonies). Just want to find the balance between letting my inner hostess out, and not making crazy trying to do too much. We will be having dinner afterwards at the Crown Grill this time, not the MDR. We booked a suite for this occasion, and will be having the suite breakfast in CG -- hoping that makes it easier to prep the table on the renewal night. If staff get to know you a little bit, it helps.

Also, I will be hosting at least one tea party in our suite, and will bring decor for that. We have a table for 4 on the balcony and in the suite, that I will personalize.