O stopped sending brochures to me in the mail. Anybody else?

FetaCheese

I noticed that I was not getting the normal 1 or 2 mailed brochures per week, as I had been for about the last 3 - 4 years. ( I really like getting them ! ) They stopped around the beginning of June 2017. After about a month passed I requested a couple brochures from O website, that I did not have, thinking I would be put back on mailing list. I did not get what I ordered, but instead they sent me a couple that I had from before the problem. ( I've had an account since booking 1st O cruise in Dec. 2015 ).

I decided to call my "personal cruise consultant" at O (not TA), to find out what happened. Person said they would put me back on list. Even got a confirm. email listing EVERY "big brochure" that person ordered for me. Just returned yesterday from a cruise, expecting a mountain of brochures in mail. They did send me 2 separate brochures in real fancy envelopes: 2 identical 2019 world 180 day brochures. ( pricing expired June 30th, 2017 ! ) I am still not receiving weekly stuff.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Perhaps they decided to stop tearing down forests. Honestly opt for digital brochures. It is a little excessive to expect 2 brochures every week in the mail...

I use to receive these brochures multiple times per week and honestly they are repeated and usually outdated. I opted out of the list.

Not only does it devalue the 'o' product but again seriously unevironmental! 1 brochure quarterly is more than sufficient via post!

I can only hope...2,3,4 a day...its insane

I would call O and ask them to remove you from the list. I instantly stopped receiving them. I still get the emails (which is the same info as the hard copy) so can follow deals :)

We are still getting them, but not very often. I do prefer the online brochures because the print versions take up so much room. But I don't fuss with O about any version.

I was more upset about them when they came so constantly ... now they don't seem to be frequent arrivals in our mailbox.

I've stopped getting them twice. I'm currently not receiving them, although I like to see the print ones. I had our TA get us back on the mailing list, but that didn't last long. I do get Regent ones on a regular basis.

Maybe since we book cruises on Oceania frequently they figure they already have us.

We continue to get them. The perpetual two-for-one sale.:rolleyes:

Kind of funny that the one time we asked for details about a specific cruise, it was hard to get a response. They must be doing well.

• 1 month later...

I requested 3 brochures (via the O website option) on Aug. 5, 2017. I received an email acknowledgement. Then 15 days later, after an on-line complaint and a phone call (which seems to go to someone's house rather than an O office), I received one of the three brochures.

After another two complaints on-line and two more phone calls (only one of which included an "I'm sorry"), I have still not received promised brochure. Cripes, it's for the Europe cruises no less!

Like many, I get dozens of brochures, big and small, from about 4 others lines every day, but nada from Oceania. I guess they don't care.

We are taking an Oceania cruise this October (our 2nd), and I have to laugh when they offer a discount for an upcoming cruise if you book while on board. How the heck am I supposed to know what their "upcoming" cruises are if I can't even get a brochure.

I've waited and waited before posting this complaint, but I'm really turned off by this. Funny, how little things can make one change one's loyalty.

I requested 3 brochures (via the O website option) on Aug. 5, 2017. I received an email acknowledgement. Then 15 days later, after an on-line complaint and a phone call (which seems to go to someone's house rather than an O office), I received one of the three brochures.

After another two complaints on-line and two more phone calls (only one of which included an "I'm sorry"), I have still not received promised brochure. Cripes, it's for the Europe cruises no less!

Like many, I get dozens of brochures, big and small, from about 4 others lines every day, but nada from Oceania. I guess they don't care.

We are taking an Oceania cruise this October (our 2nd), and I have to laugh when they offer a discount for an upcoming cruise if you book while on board. How the heck am I supposed to know what their "upcoming" cruises are if I can't even get a brochure.

I've waited and waited before posting this complaint, but I'm really turned off by this. Funny, how little things can make one change one's loyalty.

Sorry to read your having such trouble which as you expect, should be an easy task.

I'm wondering about that phone call though. Are you phoning O's 800 number? The announcement should say this is Oceania Cruises not just go to somebody's house.

Your post is ironic because many on this board complain that they cannot get off of the mailing list. Perhaps it takes a while to get on, I've heard it takes a long time to get off.

You say you made three online complaints and three phone calls and yet you've never had a reply from your online complaints. That is odd and if they are not responding is poor. Are you certain that they're not ending up in your spam or junk folder as your MSP might be treating them as promotional emails.

As for the discount when booking on board you have nothing to be concerned about if you're looking for a bargain. They no longer offer an "across-the-board" discount but rather additional discounts on specific cruises. Sometimes it is a very long list spanning a couple of pages and they usually send these to your cabin many, many times.

You can also visit the sales staff on board (a.k.a. Ambassadors) who are very knowledgeable and very helpful. They can also be very busy. Do not wait to the last few days. I have seen where they have sent an additional letter nearing the end of the cruise advising that if you fill out the form that you want to cruise in the future but have no specific date they will get this completed for you without having to visit them. You can then choose the cruise you want at a later date. That would get you the booking on-board such as OBC and lowest price guarantee.

And I agree, it is often the little things that seems to annoy the most. Took me several years to forgive them for our "war of the roses". I am learning to move on and smell the flowers ... oh.