My New Years' Eve LAX Conundrum...

Bruin Steve

Okay, here's the deal:

We are returning from our Christmas Caribbean cruise on the afternoon of December 31 (having left the evening of December 20)...Flight scheduled to arrive 3:39 pm...

I have season tickets to UCLA Basketball...and the Bruins play Washington at Pauley Pavilion that day--scheduled to tip off at 5:00 pm.

The drive is approximately 13.5 miles and, in normal traffic, takes about 20 minutes. So, assuming the flight is on time...and it takes about 20 minutes to get off the plane and to baggage claim, 20 minutes to get our luggage, another 20 minutes to get a shuttle to wherever our car is (assuming we drive and park) and 20 minutes to drive to the game (we have reserved parking at UCLA), we should get there just about 5:00...Of course, the game usually tips off a few minutes after 5:00 to allow for the TV announcers to intro and for the Anthem--cutting it close, though figure we could miss a few minutes at the start...

So, though we usually Uber or shuttle to and from LAX--especially on longer trips, I'm thinking it makes some sense to drive to this one. There was a thought of Uber or Shuttle with a two part trip on the way home--but there would be nothing to do with our luggage during the game. So, it seems the only practical way of doing this is to drive and park...

So now the question would be "where to park?". Assuming our parking time is 11 full days...

Lot C is $12 per day, so total cost $132. They claim the shuttles run every 15-25 minutes. The Parking Spot is $17.95 per day...but has a coupon for 20% off for stays of 4 days or more...So, I am assuming about $157 and change for 11 days...plus dreaded "fees and taxes". They claim their shuttles run every 5-7 minutes...

There are a myriad of other parking lot choices around LAX...but my problem is that, since I usually don't drive there, I don't know them.

So, the question I have for everyone is: What is the best parking lot option for a good price AND for a dependable frequent shuttle?

Or, on the alternative, any other ideas as to how to handle this trip?

Thanks...

Last few times we've parked at The Parking Spot (next to the In n Out). Haven't had any issues with them. Don't remember paying any taxes or fees. Before that we've parked at one of the hotels. No issues with those either.

Hopefully you won't be too late for the tipoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've colleagues who have nothing but good things to say about the Parking Spot (on Sepulveda) and the one or two times I've tagged on, the shuttles seem to have been pretty quick... So apart from your flight being on time, the usual, the carnage that will be LAX on New Years Eve and traffic in general... No problems :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh... now the airline changed my flights...now we are scheduled to arrive at LAX at 3:06...That gives us almost two hours to get off the plane, collect our luggage, get our car and drive to UCLA...Still have to make it a quick operation and to be wary of delays...but a little more comfortable!