Quick heads up about: 1) Halifax -- Taxi to Peggy Cove; 2) Bar Harbor -- IE

dani negreanu

Just back from a Vision cruise, to mounds of food shopping, washing and ironing, but wanted to share my experience for those traveling now:

1) Halifax -- Taxi to Peggy Cove.

I've left the decision to the last moment, depending on the weather.

The weather was perfect. We hooked up with 2 other couples we met during boarding, and went to the taxi station.

The prices are official. For a 3 hrs trip to PC - 150 CAD. The driver gave us 45 min to wander around.

He then offered an additional tour of Halifax for 50 CAD an hour per taxi, but we preferred to DIY.

2) Turns out is cheaper to do Oli's trolleys than Oli's trolleys (for Cadillac Mountain) + IE for more time in Acadia (60 CAD vs 64 CAD).

A 2.5 hrs tour including CM is 30 CAD. The entrance fee is 12 CAD pp.

We spent 64 CAD to c CM with Oli's trolleys + IE. We didn't get much time with IE, since there were 4 ships in port, and IE were full....

Thanks for posting the Halifax information. When you say the taxi prices are official, did you see a sign or something outlining this?

Yes, first we went to tourist information, and they told us the price of a taxi to PE.

Then, at the beginning of the line of taxis, there was a sign listing the prices, starting at 3 hours minimum.

What I meant with my previous post is that sometimes (unless u have an annual pass to the Parks), "free" is not always cheaper.

And, we wasted lots of valuable time in port standing in line at Oli's and then at Village Green, not to mention the full IE buses that passed us, the stress of waiting for the bus, etc.

Of course, u can always book in advance.

For us, it was the "price" of waiting to see if the weather will permit us to enjoy the summit of CM. It was well worth the wait, the view and the visibility were amazing the day we were there. We were very lucky :D