Sydney post-cruise tours with luggage

NIX70

Could I please ask for suggestions from my fellow CC regulars? We're docking in Sydney on 21st December this year (scheduled arrival 7am) and then we have a flight out that night at 7pm. We would love to see as much of the sights as we can, but obviously we will have a fair bit of luggage with us and I know there's nowhere to store it at the cruise terminal. Could anyone recommend a day tour that would pick us up at the cruise terminal (I think it's going to be white bay) and then drop us at the airport afterwards? Thanks for any & all suggestions in advance.:*

does your cruise line offer tours on that day ie arrival day? with airport dropoff?

I have seen such tours offered on some of our cruises

the other option is to store your bags and go out sightseeing until about 3 pm , retrieve your bags and then head to the airport.

the Australian Visitors Centre at the Rocks (near the OPT) now offers luggage storage. there is an opening offer of $10/bag/day or book online for a discount (am I allowed to post a link to the site?)

does your cruise line offer tours on that day ie arrival day? with airport dropoff?

I have seen such tours offered on some of our cruises

the other option is to store your bags and go out sightseeing until about 3 pm , retrieve your bags and then head to the airport.

the Australian Visitors Centre at the Rocks (near the OPT) now offers luggage storage. there is an opening offer of $10/bag/day or book online for a discount (am I allowed to post a link to the site?)

If your ship berths at White City, this may not be convenient. Check whether your cruise line offers a tour of Sydney followed by drop off at the airport, as this would be the most convenient with luggage.

Thanks for both of these replies. Unfortunately this cruise doesn't seem to offer such a post-cruise option, maybe because we're flying independently. I think what we're going to end up doing is taking a taxi to the airport, store our luggage there, get the train back into Sydney and spend the day sightseeing.

Thanks for both of these replies. Unfortunately this cruise doesn't seem to offer such a post-cruise option, maybe because we're flying independently. I think what we're going to end up doing is taking a taxi to the airport, store our luggage there, get the train back into Sydney and spend the day sightseeing.

Grab a cab to Central station and put your luggage in Storage. On return you can catch the train direct to the Airport, There are Tickets available at the Station you can buy for multi use ;Bus,Train,Ferry,etc.Great city to have fun in Sydney.

I think what we're going to end up doing is taking a taxi to the airport, store our luggage there, get the train back into Sydney and spend the day sightseeing.

if you take a taxi to the airport, that will cost you $A.

then you plan to the the train back to the city which will cost you $B + $C for airport access fee on the train.

after sight seeing, there will be the cost of transport back to the airport (either by train or by taxi.

why not cut some of your costs by dropping your luggage at either Circular Quay or Central Station and avoid $B+C?

yes, you'll still pay for transport to drop off your luggage but it'll be chaeper than going to the airport.

hope that makes sense.....

You could get a private guide. I can recommend Scott Ricketts from Your Sydney Guide. When we were with Scott, he had a large turquoise van that would have easily sat 4 people with a ton of luggage comfortably. Although the private guide route isn't cheap, you have the advantage of having your luggage with you at all times and knowledgeable guide that can pack in as many sites as possible before dropping you off at the airport.

Most cruise lines offer one or more debark tours to the airport or a hotel. We've never done one in Sydney but Princess in particular offer very good tours in ports around the world. Your luggage travels with you securely on the same bus while you're shown the sights and when you're dropped at the airport, so is your luggage. No stress involved at all. Check with the onboard shore excursions.