Recommendation for car and english speaking driver in panama

rbgore

You might try Rob Whitaker, I have not used him but a lot of people on this board have had good things to say.

Regards to Gatun Locks, the visitor's pavilion is in the process of removal as Gatun Locks is no longer open to the public. To visit the locks on the Atlantic side you will have to go to the vistor's center at the new locks of Agua Clara. If you want to go to the "old" locks, that can be accomplished at Miraflores.

Rob Whitaker's email addy... robtads2@hotmail.com Here is another that he sometimes responds to... robtads@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, rbgore said:

Does anybody have a recommendation for an excellent, English speaker driver who knows the Panama City area and the Gatun Locks area? Thank you. RBG

I can 100% recommend Robert Whitaker Tours email robtabs2@hotmail.com. One of Robert's tour guides David Clarke and driver Rodrigo Munoz provided our group of 13 an absolutely perfect excursion that included Agua Clara Locks and Miraflores Locks. He was completely flexible to what our group wanted and did not want to see/visit.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 10:10 AM, rbgore said:

Does anybody have a recommendation for an excellent, English speaker driver who knows the Panama City area and the Gatun Locks area? Thank you. RBG

We live in Panama and a friend of ours is a dual citizen US/Panama and he is a tour guide working for himself. He is a Vet from the US Army, so his English is great. His name is Will Shaw and his email is willshaw at live dot com. If you haven't found anybody, I highly recommend him. We have used him for visitors several times. 

We have not booked any excursions.  I am most interested in Costa Rica but have limited mobility.  I can walk but not long distances.  I am traveling with my husband and we are meeting another couple who are old friends who used to live in our neighborhood.  We are not frequent cruisers but the Panama Canal has always been of interest to me.  The flora and fauna of Costa Rica interest me but, I cannot hike so I would appreciate suggestions.  

11 minutes ago, American Traveler said:

We have not booked any excursions.  I am most interested in Costa Rica but have limited mobility.  I can walk but not long distances.  I am traveling with my husband and we are meeting another couple who are old friends who used to live in our neighborhood.  We are not frequent cruisers but the Panama Canal has always been of interest to me.  The flora and fauna of Costa Rica interest me but, I cannot hike so I would appreciate suggestions.  

We have taken flora and fauna tours in Costa Rica that involve almost no walking. We have taken a bus ride from the port to a dock on an estuary where we boarded a tour boat that allowed lots of opportunity to see various types of wildlife and flora. The tour guides went to great lengths to find and point out the wildlife as well as the plant life and we took many, many terrific photos of what we saw. We've done this twice, once on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica and once on the Pacific side.

You may want to post your question about Costa Rica  on the Costa Rica board, which is a sub-forum of the Caribbean ports of call board, and read it to get more ideas.

Speaking of Costa Rica... on the Pacific side in Puntarenas, the tour that includes the Tarcoles River would something that would be doable.  If you are on the Atlantic side then something on the Tortuguero Canal might be an option.

39 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

We have taken flora and fauna tours in Costa Rica that involve almost no walking. We have taken a bus ride from the port to a dock on an estuary where we boarded a tour boat that allowed lots of opportunity to see various types of wildlife and flora. The tour guides went to great lengths to find and point out the wildlife as well as the plant life and we took many, many terrific photos of what we saw. We've done this twice, once on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica and once on the Pacific side.

You may want to post your question about Costa Rica  on the Costa Rica board, which is a sub-forum of the Caribbean ports of call board, and read it to get more ideas.

Thank you for the good suggestions.

Edited by American Traveler