Elite Laundry - limit on how many times & how much

CruiseVA

A few cruises ago I was at the customer service counter and the man in front of me said he received a note to contact them since all her clothes had been ruined. He asked to see them and they said he couldn’t since they had already been throw out. I took that as a lesson to send out only inexpensive items and not everything at once They wanted him to claim it on his insurance and he rightly said they should claim it on theirs. That’s when I left but I learned a good lesson. Only inexpensive things like socks and underwear and not all at once. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few cruises ago I was at the customer service counter and the man in front of me said he received a note to contact them since all her clothes had been ruined. He asked to see them and they said he couldn’t since they had already been throw out. I took that as a lesson to send out only inexpensive items and not everything at once They wanted him to claim it on his insurance and he rightly said they should claim it on theirs. That’s when I left but I learned a good lesson. Only inexpensive things like socks and underwear and not all at once. Mike

It's just easier to wash out socks & underwear each day rather than wait 2 or 3 days for their return, if at all.

A few cruises ago I was at the customer service counter and the man in front of me said he received a note to contact them since all her clothes had been ruined. He asked to see them and they said he couldn’t since they had already been throw out. I took that as a lesson to send out only inexpensive items and not everything at once

They wanted him to claim it on his insurance and he rightly said they should claim it on theirs.

That’s when I left but I learned a good lesson. Only inexpensive things like socks and underwear and not all at once. Mike

That’s exactly what they told me to do “Claim it on my insurance” when my 3 t-shirts came back from the laundry with Little Holes in them. I told the girl NO it has nothing to do with my ins. They should claim it on Princess’s insurance.

I received a call that afternoon from customer service and I was given $60.00 OBC for my loss.

My advice to all is check your clothes when you get them back for Lttle Holes.

Tony

Last April on our 28 day South Pacific we had tons of problems. There were so many elites. Close to half the ship. They lost a brand new pair of my slacks. Lost an entire bag of under clothing for both hubs and me. Then a shirt bag came back with ink all of the shirts. The same thing happened to our friends next door. I will say when we submitted a claim to Princess, it only took 2 weeks to get a check back for almost $300. No questions asked. You do have to turn in a lost/damage report to customer service on the ship and they sign off on it. They told me they had over 2,000 items of lost clothing and would not let us check it for our lost items. This was all from the cruise before us which was a 49 day South America cruise and our cruise. I guess they would rather pay you for it. I wonder what they do with it all.

So next year on our BI cruise I will try again, but in small batches and see what happens. Last time I stuffed the bags and only sent out every 3 or 4 days.

Regarding elite laundry-

Our next cruise will be our first as elite, so I plan to take advantage of the laundry perk. I'm wondering if the laundry ladies avoid shrinking knits, or do they use a lower heat setting to avoid that calamity. (I'll bulk-up enough from the food; don't need my clothes to make it worse.) So, should I just launder potentially shrinkable things myself?

Regarding elite laundry-

Our next cruise will be our first as elite, so I plan to take advantage of the laundry perk. I'm wondering if the laundry ladies avoid shrinking knits, or do they use a lower heat setting to avoid that calamity. (I'll bulk-up enough from the food; don't need my clothes to make it worse.) So, should I just launder potentially shrinkable things myself?

Everything is laundered in extremely high heat. I have had some expensive garments ruined. Now, I only send my husbands clothing and things I don’t care about too much. Anything I want washed in delicate or low dry I do myself. They do a fine job pressing suits! Just beware on delicate clothing

Everything is laundered in extremely high heat. I have had some expensive garments ruined. Now, I only send my husbands clothing and things I don’t care about too much. Anything I want washed in delicate or low dry I do myself. They do a fine job pressing suits! Just beware on delicate clothing

I suspected as much.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the advice!

Regarding elite laundry-

Why don't you just use the Cleaning process for everything. It avoids using high heat for drying your clothes & so far I haven't had any problems.....yet.