Crab Shack on Emerald

darstamp

I'm finding different information about dining venues on the Emerald Princess. The Princess web site shows Crab Shack inside the Horizon Buffett but the Cruise Critic notes about dining don't show it. Anyone on this ship recently who can tell me if there is a Crab Shack on board this ship?

We have dined there twice for the crab legs. They are a lot of work because of the size. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would put it at 6. The only two times that I had crab legs on a cruise, so I suggest you try it at least once.

We have dined there twice for the crab legs. They are a lot of work because of the size. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would put it at 6. The only two times that I had crab legs on a cruise, so I suggest you try it at least once.
We've been to Crab Shack several times, and it was never a lot of work because the King crab legs we had were split completely in two. The hardest part was knowing when to quite eating so we could still waddle to the show!

• 2 months later...
can any one tell me which night is crap shack .. we are sailing Oct 4/18 on Emerald Princes.. thanks friends..

I know you just made a mistake in your spelling and we all do. But I can’t stop laughing. :) Good One!!!

I hope you enjoy your dinner at the Crab Shack.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

can any one tell me which night is crap shack .. we are sailing Oct 4/18 on Emerald Princes.. thanks friends..
Sorry, couldn't help but laugh at your typo - at least I hope it's a typo! [emoji38]

Knowing your itinerary might help us provide a better answer. I 'think' it's usually held on sea days, but I don't know if that's always, or just usually.

Sorry, couldn't help but laugh at your typo - at least I hope it's a typo! [emoji38]

Knowing your itinerary might help us provide a better answer. I 'think' it's usually held on sea days, but I don't know if that's always, or just usually.

Actually since they tend to not hold Crab Shack on formal nights, often the only available days are port days. On my northbound Alaska cruise it was held the day we were in Skagway.

I guess I usually take longer cruises with lots of sea days, so that makes sense. The poster needs to provide their itinerary so we can better help them.

We tried the Crab Shack twice. We were disappointed. Quantity but inferior quality. Both times, the shellfish was not of good quality. Frozen too long , over cooked, off tasting, mealy, some tasteless. (n)(n)JMO, YMMV.

Good luck.

King

The typo was indeed worth a laugh so thanks. We have been one time to the crab shack back when it was first introduced and decided it really was not worth it. One has to like the seafood boil method of preparing and serving the meal. Personally it did not do much for us so we have ignored it. I have noticed that they raised the price some time ago as I believe when we went it was less than $20 each. Yes the Crab Shack is indeed on the Emerald along with many other ships and is held in the back of the HC on certain nights.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your contributions especially the person who misspelled the word Crab I shall use that in my comedy routine. I deducted that it would not be worth the extra money especially if it's not seasoned and simply frozen and boiled. I have great options where I live and would be a bit steamed if I purchased something that was below standards, (I hope you got my 2 puns)

We had the crab shack on our recent Alaska cruise 9/9-9/16. The food was ok but the service was poor. We had to remind the server that we needed bibs, we were not offered drinks, our places were cleared before we finished our meal.The Salmon pate was good, main dish was fine, the Alaskan soup was awful..tasted chalky, and we were never offered bread or butter. Deserts came from Horizon Court. Once was enough.

We had the crab shack on our recent Alaska cruise 9/9-9/16. The food was ok but the service was poor. We had to remind the server that we needed bibs, we were not offered drinks, our places were cleared before we finished our meal.The Salmon pate was good, main dish was fine, the Alaskan soup was awful..tasted chalky, and we were never offered bread or butter. Deserts came from Horizon Court. Once was enough.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I can learn from other's I don't need to make that type of investment. I will wait until I go to the east coast if I want good crabs. Thanks again!

four of us did the crab shack on a cruise and swore never again. Some of us ordered the big pot of crab,. corn on cob,. etc. and it was all greasy and not enough crab for all of us (mind you it was to feed four).

In those days it cost 20. per person I think they raised that price now.