Elite Laundry - limit on how many times & how much

CruiseVA

Title says it all, is there a limit to how man y times I can send laundry in? Could I do it daily if I wanted to? A limit on how much? I'm think I'll bring all the clothes I own. (Just kidding)

You may not be to happy when you get your laundry back.

Sometimes you get it back with little holes in it. :eek: We are elite members and I stop sending it out.

To answer your question there’s no limits on times or how much. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days to get your laundry back if there’s a lot of elites on the cruise. Take all your clothes you may get lucky. :confused: :D

Tony

I kept reading these horrible reports. We sent laundry on our last 3 cruises with no problems at all.

Yes, you can send it daily if you wish. Suite laundry comes back in 24 hours. Elite laundry comes back when they get to it. That can be anywhere from 24 hours to as much as 3 days depending on how many Elites are sending laundry.

In over 50 Princess cruises we have had only one incident with the laundry and it was resolved immediately. We cruise 3-4 times a year and use the laundry on all of our cruises. It is one of the best elite perks.

In answer to your question: there is no limit. But with the growing number of elites 24-36 kour turn around is now the norm.

P&J

Fair winds, clear skies, and following seas to all!

Thanks all - I'm spending significant time pre-cruise, and, I'm a fairly light packer, so, this is very helpful. Guess I need to treat it so I have at least a few days of clothes when I send it out! And maybe a spare in case I get some damaged clothes back.

Thanks all - I'm spending significant time pre-cruise, and, I'm a fairly light packer, so, this is very helpful. Guess I need to treat it so I have at least a few days of clothes when I send it out! And maybe a spare in case I get some damaged clothes back.

We just use the laundry rooms now.

I kept reading these horrible reports. We sent laundry on our last 3 cruises with no problems at all.

Yes' date=' you can send it daily if you wish. Suite laundry comes back in 24 hours. Elite laundry comes back when they get to it. That can be anywhere from 24 hours to as much as 3 days depending on how many Elites are sending laundry.[/quote']

Suite laundry is same day if you check the Presto box and it is out before 9 am.

Returned that evening and has been that way on the Star, Grand x3, Pacific, and right now on the Majestic.

If an Elite passenger needs something through the laundry quickly and is willing to pay for it (despite having the free perq), is it possible to get laundry done quicker than a possible 3 day delay? IOW, is it only the free Elite laundry that may take days?

Hello Neighbor,

Here is our experience. We have never had any ship laundry damage. My wife prefers to do some laundry by hand and let it air dry in the bath. If there are many elites on the cruise, there will be a time-frame of 2-3 days to get clothing back We typically do more frequent small batches in the beginning of the cruise when it takes a bit longer. I believe this is a function of many people using the service to take care of their pre-cruise laundry. As the cruise progresses, the laundry comes back quicker, sometimes as short as the next day. We do not take short cruises so I can not tell you what happens on them. If we were on say, a 7 day cruise, I would tend to do my laundry after the cruise at home. We launder everything we we get back anyway.

Suite laundry is same day if you check the Presto box and it is out before 9 am.

Returned that evening and has been that way on the Star, Grand x3, Pacific, and right now on the Majestic.

This was not the case for us over the last several cruises. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In July, doing Elite laundry on the Sapphire. We had done a pre cruise stay. I told the cabin attendant to give us plenty of laundry bags as we would be sending out a lot as we had also had a post cruise stay. We put our pre cruise clothes in our carry on (not know how long it would take for the luggage to arrive) and put them in the bag and left it on the bed for the embankment evening turndown service. I asked the attendant how long it would for the turn around, he said it would 24 hours after 6pm and if it took longer he would tells us.

If an Elite passenger needs something through the laundry quickly and is willing to pay for it (despite having the free perq), is it possible to get laundry done quicker than a possible 3 day delay? IOW, is it only the free Elite laundry that may take days?

There is same day service for a charge.

The wait isn't always 3 days. My experience is that on many voyages you receive laundry back the next day or maybe 2 days. 3 days is normally longer cruises, such as T.A.'s, 28 day South Pacific, true 14 day circle the Caribbean, cruises like that where a high percentage of passengers are Elite.