Double points - travelling solo on Princess

Safety Squirrel

Does Princess give double points on cruises when travelling solo? Last time I travelled Princess, we were two persons in the stateroom.

Celebrity does give double points when travelling solo and paying the same as two persons in a cabin.

Just wondering as I have a 22 day cruise on Princess and travelling solo. Thanks.

Does Princess give double points on cruises when travelling solo? Last time I travelled Princess, we were two persons in the stateroom.

Celebrity does give double points when travelling solo and paying the same as two persons in a cabin.

Just wondering as I have a 22 day cruise on Princess and travelling solo. Thanks.

Yes they do. And double days!

Maureen

Yes they do. And double days!

Maureen

You get double cruise credits. NOT double days.

There are no "points" used for determining Captain's Circle status. Either number of cruises or days at sea. The former is credited double for either single occupancy of a cabin, or sailing in a Full Suite. The latter is not.

Edited by fishywood

A 22 day cruise sounds like two cruises b2b. If this is the case you will receive 2 cruise credits for each leg of the b2b no matter how it is booked. It takes 5 cruise credits or 50 days to reach Captain's Circle platinum and 15 cruise credits or 150 days to reach elite.

As above' date=' not sure what you mean by "points" or why Celebrity regulations matter. Yes, you get double the number of cruise credits when cruising solo, but the same number of nights that you actually cruise.[/quote']

Many lines use the "points" system for accelerating through their loyalty schemes. On Celebrity you earn anywhere from 2 to 18 points per person/per day depending on your stateroom category. Only Princess equivalent is the double cruise credit for a Full Suite. And on HAL you earn extra points based on your onboard spend--which is how after just one HAL cruise I am more than halfway to two-star Mariner level.

Princess follows the KISS principle: after your first cruise, Gold; after your third cruise credit, Ruby; after your fifth, Platinum; your fifteenth, Elite. Works fine for me. (And yes, I know you can advance faster by days at sea if you confine yourself to very long cruises...)

Thank you for your answers.

As above, not sure what you mean by "points" or why Celebrity regulations matter. Yes, you get double the number of cruise credits when cruising solo, but the same number of nights that you actually cruise.

Many lines use the "points" system for accelerating through their loyalty schemes. On Celebrity you earn anywhere from 2 to 18 points per person/per day depending on your stateroom category.

In regards to 'points' - I have been travelling mainly on Celebrity in Concierge cabins as you get additional points from staying in regular balcony, inside etc. so that it why I used the term 'points'. I looked at the Princess website and was not sure as it listed number of cruises and number of days.

A 22 day cruise sounds like two cruises b2b. If this is the case you will receive 2 cruise credits for each leg of the b2b no matter how it is booked. It takes 5 cruise credits or 50 days to reach Captain's Circle platinum and 15 cruise credits or 150 days to reach elite.

No - this is a 22 day cruise from Vancouver through the new Panamal Canal to Fort Lauderdale (2019). Although the cruise is also picking up passengers in Los Angeles, I booked it as a 22 day cruise.

Does this mean I will actually get credit for 44 days??? If so, this would be very nice.:D

Once again, thank you for your answers.

Thank you for your answers.

As above, not sure what you mean by "points" or why Celebrity regulations matter. Yes, you get double the number of cruise credits when cruising solo, but the same number of nights that you actually cruise.

Many lines use the "points" system for accelerating through their loyalty schemes. On Celebrity you earn anywhere from 2 to 18 points per person/per day depending on your stateroom category.

In regards to 'points' - I have been travelling mainly on Celebrity in Concierge cabins as you get additional points from staying in regular balcony, inside etc. so that it why I used the term 'points'. I looked at the Princess website and was not sure as it listed number of cruises and number of days.

No - this is a 22 day cruise from Vancouver through the new Panamal Canal to Fort Lauderdale (2019). Although the cruise is also picking up passengers in Los Angeles, I booked it as a 22 day cruise.

Does this mean I will actually get credit for 44 days??? If so, this would be very nice.:D

NO!! Of you travel solo, you get double the cruise credits for the trip. You do not get double the days. So if your cruise can only be booked as 22 days, by going solo, you would get 2 cruise credits and 22 days.

NO!! If you travel solo, you get double the cruise credits for the trip. You do not get double the days. So if your cruise can only be booked as 22 days, by going solo, you would get 2 cruise credits and 22 days.

Oh well - it is what it is. :( Not going to cancel my cruise just to get a couple more cruise credits. Princess benefits are not as good as some other cruise lines. However -- this is the cruise I want and Princess does have some itineraries that I like better and looking at for future cruises.

thanks once again

And on HAL you earn extra points based on your onboard spend--which is how after just one HAL cruise I am more than halfway to two-star Mariner level.

That would be nice. :DTravelling solo and this trip the roll call is very, very slow - so my onboard spending for excursions, beverage packages would certainly add up.

Safety Squirrel -

You'll earn credits based on how many legs your sailing is times two.

As this cruise is from Vancouver , but also has a disembarkation/embarkation port in LA - it's likely sold as two separate segments, along with the one long one: Vancouver to LA, LA to Ft Lauderdale, and also Vancouver to Ft Lauderdale. .

If that's the case, you'll get one credit for Vancouver to LA and one for LA to Ft Lauderdale, times two as you're sailing solo..

So, 4 total credits... If it's ONLY sold as Vancouver to Ft Lauderdale, there wouldn't be a pick-up in LA....

So, you can expect 4 cruise credits... Unless I have tour cruise pegged totally incorrect.

If travelling solo in a full suite you get 3 cruise credits :).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish --however travelling solo in a suite is not in my budget. I am however, sailing in a B2 category balcony on Caribe deck.:D Perhaps if those numbers in the lottery came up -- then definitely in a suite!!!

Safety Squirrel -

You'll earn credits based on how many legs your sailing is times two.

As this cruise is from Vancouver , but also has a disembarkation/embarkation port in LA - it's likely sold as two separate segments, along with the one long one: Vancouver to LA, LA to Ft Lauderdale, and also Vancouver to Ft Lauderdale. .

If that's the case, you'll get one credit for Vancouver to LA and one for LA to Ft Lauderdale, times two as you're sailing solo..

So, 4 total credits... If it's ONLY sold as Vancouver to Ft Lauderdale, there wouldn't be a pick-up in LA....

So, you can expect 4 cruise credits... Unless I have tour cruise pegged totally incorrect.

The cruise is being sold as Vancouver-LA and LA-FLL. I just happened to book it as a 22 day from Vancouver to FLL. So will see what my profile shows after my cruise.;) There are a couple on our roll call who are only doing V-LA and others embarking in LA-FLL. Several are doing the full 22 days as I am.

Thanks for the information

The cruise is being sold as Vancouver-LA and LA-FLL. I just happened to book it as a 22 day from Vancouver to FLL. So will see what my profile shows after my cruise.;) There are a couple on our roll call who are only doing V-LA and others embarking in LA-FLL. Several are doing the full 22 days as I am.

You can check it in your cruise personalizer - it will show up as "pending" or "future cruise" credits.

And yes, regardless of how it's booked, it's absolutely two segments, so you'll get credit for each leg - even though it's booked as one cruise. So, 4 total credits for one booking number . Way to go..

.... Princess benefits are not as good as some other cruise lines...
Actually I like my elite benefits. Free:

• Unlimited laundry
  • Internet
  • Minibar to trade for unlimited coffee / bottle of wine
  • Preferential tender boarding

What does Celebrity give?

If it's ONLY sold as Vancouver to Ft Lauderdale, there wouldn't be a pick-up in LA....

In this case, this is two separate segments so the OP does get two cruise credits for each segment.

But a some Princess cruises are sold from Port A to Port C with more passengers picked up at Port B, but passengers who embarked at Port A not able to disembark there. In that case, it is a single segment from Port A to Port C. For example, several years ago I took a Princess cruise from Houston to Southampton with a stop at Fort Lauderdale to embark additional passengers. From Houston to Southampton was a single segment since they could not sell a segment from Houston to Fort Lauderdale.

NO!! If you travel solo, you get double the cruise credits for the trip. You do not get double the days. So if your cruise can only be booked as 22 days, by going solo, you would get 2 cruise credits and 22 days.

Oh well - it is what it is. :( Not going to cancel my cruise just to get a couple more cruise credits. Princess benefits are not as good as some other cruise lines. However -- this is the cruise I want and Princess does have some itineraries that I like better and looking at for future cruises.

thanks once again

For me the Princess program is pretty good compared to others, since the double cruise credits for solos helps mitigate the cost of paying for two people, and I don't know of any loyalty program that offers quick progression based on number of cruises, instead of cruise days. So with four 3-4 day coastal cruises and an Alaska one I'm getting close to Elite status, which gets me a free mini-bar setup, free drink coupon, free wine tasting, and free laundry service, as well as priority boarding and the dedicated disembarkation lounge. It seems the benefits for other lines are geared towards discounts that are aimed to get you to spend more, so I'd rather get something tangible. Then I also like that Princess gives actual military SBC of $50 or more, instead of reduced rates that are rarely a bargain, and after submitting military paperwork once, I automatically get the credits now.

With Princess we get a good amount of OBC. We get the Shareholder, FCD, Loyalty OBCs. Many also get the military benefit. This gives us $650 in OBC for most legs. That is in addition to anything our TA gives. Plus in recent years we have usually gotten the Sip & Sail or free gratuities.

I went on a Celebrity cruise once and got thrown out of a lounge after Trivia as they were going to have free drinks for several hours in there for well travelled passengers.

Have to weigh up a couple of lots of free laundry a cruise against free drinkies every night? Umm maybe I should have cruised Celebrity for a few years...…………..

Anyway after 73 Princess cruises its too late for me to change to Celebrity now, anyhow I kinda like Princess, we just had 25 days on Regal P and it was truly excellent, we had a very nice cruise even though we were not in a fancy suite or anything, and our onboard spend was just a 12 bottle wine package.

First, believe the cruise is actually 21 days, not 22. count the nights not the days. Therefore, you will receive credit for 21 days at sea.

Second, I think the voyage may actually be two voyages 6 nights from Vancouver to L.A. and then 15 nights from L.A. to F.L. Once on board you can check this. Your T.A., or you once on board can check if there is actually one or two voyage numbers for the itinerary. Two voyage numbers will = 4 cruise credits. One voyage number will equal 2 cruise credits. It's that simple. Again you do not receive credit for double days. You will receive 21 days credit.

First, believe the cruise is actually 21 days, not 22. count the nights not the days. Therefore, you will receive credit for 21 days at sea.

Second, I think the voyage may actually be two voyages 6 nights from Vancouver to L.A. and then 15 nights from L.A. to F.L. Once on board you can check this. Your T.A., or you once on board can check if there is actually one or two voyage numbers for the itinerary. Two voyage numbers will = 4 cruise credits. One voyage number will equal 2 cruise credits. It's that simple. Again you do not receive credit for double days. You will receive 21 days credit.

My booking says 22 days - E910A (actually 22 nights on board)

April 11 - Vancouver

April 18 - Los Angeles

May 3 - Fort Lauderdale

As mentioned before, I booked it as one cruise although we will be dropping off and picking up passengers in Los Angeles. In any event, I am just happy to be cruising since my last cruise was B2B - 21 days - Caribbean 2017. :D Have been doing some land tours recently (ND/SD/CO/Utah/Wy) and this past June - Alaska/Yukon. Of course, many trips to Florida as oldest DS has property there.

Cheers