Help with Princess EZ Air

tillys mom

We are thinking of trying EZ Air for our British Isles cruise next August. The flights have just come up, and EZAir is showing lower prices. Is there a “best” time to book? What if we prefer a specific airline?

Can you tell me how it works, and what we should do to try to get the best rate?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The advantage of EZ Air is that if you book a "flexible fare," you are able to check fares whenever you want and change to the lower fare if one becomes available. I re-fared our Alaska flights twice! I also learned that on EZ Air there was initially no price difference between a one way and a round trip booking, so I booked us as two one-way trips. That way, if the flight went down in one direction and up in the other, I could still get the benefit of the lowered fare.

No one can predict when an airline might have a sale. On EZ Air, you have the ability to select your specific flights--airline, time of flight, and cabin category. These are in the initial drop down menu. So you can book on your preferred airline and if you want economy plus or business class, you can get those as well. The one kicker is that the airline can change your flights literally up to the time you board (or even later!), but they can do that whether you book EZ Air or on your own.

The only downside I've ever found to EZ Air is that SOME airlines won't let us do seat selection until the ticket is purchased (about 45 days before flying).

The advantage of EZ Air is that if you book a "flexible fare' date='" you are able to check fares whenever you want and change to the lower fare if one becomes available. I re-fared our Alaska flights twice! I also learned that on EZ Air there was initially no price difference between a one way and a round trip booking, so I booked us as two one-way trips. That way, if the flight went down in one direction and up in the other, I could still get the benefit of the lowered fare.

No one can predict when an airline might have a sale. On EZ Air, you have the ability to select your specific flights--airline, time of flight, and cabin category. These are in the initial drop down menu. So you can book on your preferred airline and if you want economy plus or business class, you can get those as well. The one kicker is that the airline can change your flights literally up to the time you board (or even later!), but they can do that whether you book EZ Air or on your own.

The only downside I've ever found to EZ Air is that SOME airlines won't let us do seat selection until the ticket is purchased (about 45 days before flying).[/quote']

I've never been able to book a one way departure and one way return on the same booking via EZ air. Every time I book I have to choose a single departure or single return or both departure and return as one reservation. How do you book a departure and the return as seperate bookings on ez air? Thanks!

I've never been able to book a one way departure and one way return on the same booking via EZ air. Every time I book I have to choose a single departure or single return or both departure and return as one reservation. How do you book a departure and the return as seperate bookings on ez air? Thanks!

I just went in and selected "departure only." Then I exited, went back in and selected "return only."

I just went in and selected "departure only." Then I exited' date=' went back in and selected "return only."[/quote']

Thanks. I dont know what Im doing wrong but when I book a single departure and try to go back to book the return that option is shaded and a notice telling me that I cannot book a return to my home city shows up. :mad:

Not sure what you are trying to do? Why not just do a R/T?

From what I have seen you can only book R/T or either departure or return.

I didn't think you could book a separate departure and a separate return on the same booking.

We had a group of 7 on our British Isles cruise this past June and all did air on EZAir. The flexible option is great, make reservation lock in price then keep checking until final. Sorry can’t help with multi city but it should be possible as many cruises start and end at different places

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are thinking of trying EZ Air for our British Isles cruise next August. The flights have just come up, and EZAir is showing lower prices. Is there a “best” time to book? What if we prefer a specific airline?

Can you tell me how it works, and what we should do to try to get the best rate?

Thanks

Which August sailing are you going on? We are on the August 17th sailing and will be doing ezair. Ours doesn't open up until 10/3 per Princess so you are probably on the 8/5 sailing.

We are going in to London early and then returning from Paris. Going to take the eurostar train over to Paris.

Enjoy your cruise. We are very excited about this one.

Cheryl

Unless something has changed in the last couple of days, the EZ Air user interface does not allow a customer to select two one ways. You can certainly model it but once you've purchased one, the other option disappears. Just like you can't choose one class of service one way and another for return flights. Princess EZ Air representatives are able to do this but users cannot.

Also it can be true that in some cases two one ways will cost the same as a round trip. However, Princess will sometimes discount the round trip fare but not the one ways. You can model this out by selecting but not booking the desired one way fares and adding up the two to compare against the round trip booking. Always good to check all options to ensure you're getting the best deal. And as stated earlier, if you book flexible air and a better deal comes along, you can rebook until you are 45 days out. It's a great option.

Last October we flew business class from Toronto to Rome and economy from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto using Ezair

This is encouraging. I have been doing dummy bookings for a Med cruise to get an idea of pricing ( not going until 2020 or 2021). I would prefer to save a few$ and fly coach for the inter Europe legs (like Frankfurt to Barcelona) that are less than 3 hours, and business class for the overseas leg. I couldn’t figure it out on the website but if the Princess reps can do it that may work out nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't think you could book a separate departure and a separate return on the same booking.

put me in the camp of "why?" I book SFO to something near port either day of or several days before in case I want to be in the locale first then disembark port to SFO (rarely same city). I find that's the best thing about EZAir. ... no issues with:

- SFO to LHR, CDG to SFO : 3 days in Paris post cruise

- SFO to Santiago (in 2 days early), LAX to SFO (out ASAP)

- SFO to Melbourne, Auckland to SFO : 2 extra days on each end

Thanks

I find Wednesdays are the best. And I prefer British Air so I just restrict my search engine to that usually. I always restrict to nonstop but have had to accept 1 stop (Santiago)

Edited by Ombud

Last October we flew business class from Toronto to Rome and economy from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto using Ezair

Did you book it yourself this way or did Princess do it for you? Or did you book economy and upgrade with the airlines? I just checked last week with Princess on a one way economy / one way business fare and they provided a quote. While on the phone I asked if they will ever update the user interface so passengers could do this themselves and was told they weren't aware of plans to do this (not surprising!).

Which August sailing are you going on? We are on the August 17th sailing and will be doing ezair. Ours doesn't open up until 10/3 per Princess so you are probably on the 8/5 sailing.

We are going in to London early and then returning from Paris. Going to take the eurostar train over to Paris.

Enjoy your cruise. We are very excited about this one.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, yes, we are 8/5/19 out of Southampton. We haven’t made definite plans yet so we can be flexible on our air, but we’re looking at coming in on the 2nd and staying in Portsmouth. We will day trip to Stonehenge and Bath, visit the Naval Museum, and just enjoy the English countryside. Will probably stay one night in London on our return, but we’ve been there before so that will be enough for us.

EZAir is showing $882 on United but Delta and American are double that.

I would like to book different class service on the return. EZ air web booking will not allow that option.

This is encouraging. I have been doing dummy bookings for a Med cruise to get an idea of pricing ( not going until 2020 or 2021). I would prefer to save a few$ and fly coach for the inter Europe legs (like Frankfurt to Barcelona) that are less than 3 hours, and business class for the overseas leg. I couldn’t figure it out on the website but if the Princess reps can do it that may work out nicely.

jfl1 had one class of service from home to the embarkation port and a different class of service from the disembarkation port to home.

knbcruisers appears to be wanting two different classes of service going in a single direction. I am not sure if even on the phone this can be done with EZAir.