Car rental at San Diego cruise ship terminal?

Hobie

The cruise terminal is right in the heart of downtown San Diego.

I don't know of any car rental company that will drive that short distance to pick you up. None of the downtown locations of Avis or Enterprise show that they pick up at the cruise port. You would have to call the local office to see if they would do that. Otherwise it would be a very short taxi or uber/lyft ride to get to any of them.

There are also car rental facilities at our airport which is barely 2 miles away.

Again I don't think their shuttles will pick up at the cruise port but if you are flying home after using the car it might be better to rent from there.

Again an uber/lyft /taxi would be inexpensive.

All the car rental places are located in a center just east of the airport and 1.5 miles north of the pier. You could walk, but a $10 taxi ride would get you there. If you rent from the airport rental center you will have access to all the prices and options associated with an airport rental location.

I would guess it's faster to catch a cab or UBER to the rental car center than wait for them come pick you up.

We have rented at the center several times after flying in and it's quick and efficient.

All the car rental places are located in a center just east of the airport and 1.5 miles north of the pier.

As documented above, there is an Avis rental site located less than 15 minutes walk, in the downtown (not at the airport, W. Cedar and the tracks)) area. There may be others, Avis just happens to be the one I used this last July.

As documented above, there is an Avis rental site located less than 15 minutes walk, in the downtown (not at the airport, W. Cedar and the tracks)) area. There may be others, Avis just happens to be the one I used this last July.

I misspoke, all the airport car rentals are now in a combined rental facility since they closed all the airport individual locations. We usually fly in and have to buy MX car insurance so we use Budget at the airport rental center.

I did see there is another Avis place straight up Broadway from the pier. By renting off airport you will save some fees that the airport charges.