San Diego HAL "Check In Starts At 0100p"

Cafabi

We're on the 3-17-19 Nieuw Amsterdam sailing, and my itinerary says, "Check In Starts At 0100p." We usually arrive around 10:30 or so. But if this is for real, I'd rather keep my rental car a little longer. Does anyone know what is up with this? Thanks.

If you asked this on the HAL board, we would tell you that is an old standard statement with HAL, but that (unless a rare, special event) in reality HAL's fleetwide and worldwide policy is to start boarding around 11:30. HAL has been experimenting with a staggered boarding for Koningsdam.

Glad to hear. You just hadn't found it on the HAL board yet ;). (And I did a search btw.) But since I didn't know if it was a HAL issue or San Diego port issue, I asked in both places. Thanks for the info!

I haven't found it on the HAL board? I am one who constantly post that the boarding time is a fleetwide/worldwide policy. The port matters very little, almost none. It doesn't vary by port! The ship needs to get everyone (and their luggage) off, and through Immigration and Customs, everyone (and their luggage)on, and the ship resupplied and refueled, in a pretty limited time, and will do whatever is needed to make sure the port can handle this. That is why their policy is really very standard worldwide.