Parking at Long Beach

DJW8385

Hello, we’re cruising on the Carnival Splendor in three months and I wanted to know how parking at the port of Long Beach is. If you could share your experiences with parking at this port, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They’ve been redoing the parking what happened last week or month might not be true for your cruise.

That being said, they’ve been redirecting pax who arrive before 11:30 to an offsite lot, near the old Walmart on 6th, shuttles are provided.

Queen Mary is getting very protective of the parking lots. The events that used to be in the Dome are now being done in the parking lots.

No idea what would happen if the off site lot is closed and there’s no more room in the parking structure to park.

Parking has never been great at this port any of the 5 times Ive used it. I would google Park and Cruise packages for hotels in the area and get a shuttle/cab/uber to the port. We stayed at Hotel Maya one year and they shuttled us the short distance over. Have a great time on the Splendor!

Hello, we’re cruising on the Carnival Splendor in three months and I wanted to know how parking at the port of Long Beach is. If you could share your experiences with parking at this port, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been there done that. Park and cruise is the way to go. Hotel Maya & Hotel Current are two in the area that offer the deal. Cheaper options include staying near an airport in park and stay hotel and pay for a shuttle or uber to the port.

• 2 weeks later...

We're staying the night before the cruise on the Queen Mary. Can we just leave the car there for the duration of the cruise? (paying daily, of course)

Also, how is the security in the garage? We're going to Disneyland after the cruise for a few days, and my husband would rather not bring the bags with our clothes for Disney on the ship. He'd like to leave that in the car if possible. Will that be secure in the garage or would you recommend bringing it on the ship?

Always safer to bring your bags on with you.

We’ve never had an issue with theft in the structure but have heard of theft of SUV third seats. So theft of anything is always a possibility.

FWIW all ships have a ‘By The Bag Laundry Special’ and have Passenger laundry rooms if you want to bring less clothes.