Hyatt Place vs Embassy Suites on 17th Street - Fort Lauderdale?

emerald6273

Need a pre cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale and narrowed it down to choosing between Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites on 17th Street. Both hotels are the same price.

Would anyone rate one above the other or indeed maybe have stayed in both? Appreciate feedback. Thanks again.

Hyatt is newer/more recently renovated; ES offers bigger rooms. Both are within walking distance to lots of nearby dining and shopping options. We are usually chasing or using Hilton points and opt for the ES, but it's a close call.

Have stayed in both. They are next door to each other.

I find Embassy to have a better breakfast, bigger rooms & the happy hour is nice.

But honestly, I usually book whichever one is cheapest.

We stayed at ES this past March and it was just OK. It seemed a little well-worn, crowded and IMO expensive. Get to breakfast early cause it really gets busy to the point of ''good luck finding a seat to sit at".

Next year I've booked a room at the Hyatt Place and from what I'm reading on CC it gets much better reviews.

That is an OUTSTANDING rate using valuetrips; wish I had known before I booked what I THOUGHT was a terrific NR rate in Miami.

I have always just PLANNED on $200/night the night before a cruise...Got $150 at Holiday Inn right near Port Miami & thought DEAL.

Is that total? Or more with taxes/fees? (trying to feel better about my Holiday Inn rate!!)

That is an OUTSTANDING rate using valuetrips; wish I had known before I booked what I THOUGHT was a terrific NR rate in Miami.

I have always just PLANNED on $200/night the night before a cruise...Got $150 at Holiday Inn right near Port Miami & thought DEAL.

Is that total? Or more with taxes/fees? (trying to feel better about my Holiday Inn rate!!)

No such luck :D. Our Valuetrips confirmation, just received, for our November 8 stay, clearly states "..at the ValueTrips.com rate of $153.00 plus tax, per room per night" Still, it's an amazing price, the Hyatt Place has tended to be one of the more expensive hotels in that area for a while now.

Both hotels are good. We've stayed more at Hyatt Place because it's usually been less expensive. If you drink alcoholic beverages, the evening reception at the Embassy Suites is nice. The food options at this one are not as good as we've seen at other Embassy Suites. I liked the breakfast better at Embassy Suites, but I haven't stayed at the Hyatt Place since they changed their breakfast menu. The pool at the Embassy Suites is nicer.

I'm probably in the minority here, but we really didn't care for Hyatt Place when we stayed. It's a nice hotel with nice clean rooms, but the bathroom is super small and the bar in the lobby sucked!

I'm probably in the minority here, but we really didn't care for Hyatt Place when we stayed. It's a nice hotel with nice clean rooms, but the bathroom is super small and the bar in the lobby sucked!

If you want drinks, Duffys sports bar is 1 block away and they have buy one, get one, all day and night long.

As several have said, we have stayed at both and usually decide based upon price/or points. We will be staying at the ES for our December cruise, and the Hyatt for our March cruise.

We really appreciate the location and proximity to Total Wine and Publix.

We have found both can be a bit crazy in the morning, especially between 9-10.

If the pool is a consideration, ES has the better pool and seating areas.

ES Happy Hour beverages are a plus, the snacks they put out, not so much.

Such an easy choice ... Hyatt Place !! We used to stay at ES but after staying at Hyatt last March....won't go back to ES. Try pricing Hyatt using

www.valuetrips.com Many of us have used this site to get great rates.

Our cruise is not until February 2019 and their website doesn't allow booking for that far out. Is there a suggested time when we should look for their 2019 rates?

Penny

Our cruise is not until February 2019 and their website doesn't allow booking for that far out. Is there a suggested time when we should look for their 2019 rates?

Penny

Yes....Start looking the first of September for their 2019 rates...and make your booking as soon as it's available.

My valuetrips confirmation for Nov. 8 at Hyatt Place said $163 not including tax, etc. Their website says $153. Emailed valuetrips.com and haven't got a response.

Interesting, and well worth looking in to. We're going to be there that same night, November 8, and our VT confirmation Email, received on July 20, clearly states "...has been confirmed for your arrival date of November 8, 2018 for 1 room for 1 night for 2 adults at the ValueTrips.com rate of $153.00 plus tax, per room per night".

Any chance you are more than 2 persons?

Edited by lx200gps

Yes....Start looking the first of September for their 2019 rates...and make your booking as soon as it's available.

Thanks for that info! I just tried to reserve for our April cruise and ran into the same roadblock and ended up booking with points and pay at the Hilton Marina tower building with a port view. I’ll definitely check with valuetrips in September because I’m pretty (99%) sure that the rate would be less, even during peak season, than the Hilton even though I’m using all of my points.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was going to book Embassy Suites in Dec. I fould somewhere posted that they will be doing renovations. I call Embassy suites and they could not guarantee which renovations they would be doing in Dec, but stated that the major ones would HOPEFULLY not take place then. So I booked the Hyatt. I did not know the 153 did not include tax. I am also confused on how the rate changes when you add more than 2 people to the room. We are traveling with 2 kids and 2 adults. It states $10 added to reservation per added adult past 2. Anyone know?