What is the average price for a Rome Hotel in great location in June

Moxiefurball

We need three nights next June 2019.

For hotels I like , preferably close to Piazza Navonna and Pantheon, I am seeing rates of approx $220 per night to $300 in US dollars

But then when I look at what those same hotels are charging for a room lets say in August of this year i see rates around $100.

So when you book in advance you get to pay double...or are these $100 rates at off times, or just last minute tourist rates. Is August cheaper than June ?

The $220 to $300 rate you quoted sounds about right for June in Rome in a central location. The August rates might be a little lower just because most Europeans go to the seaside in August. However, the drop you found seems a bit extreme.

What hotels are you looking at?

The $220 to $300 rate you quoted sounds about right for June in Rome in a central location. The August rates might be a little lower just because most Europeans go to the seaside in August. However, the drop you found seems a bit extreme.

What hotels are you looking at?

Hotel Smeraldo

Hotel farnese as an example.

But good to know the $220 to $300 seems normal to you for mid June in Navonna or Pantheon area

Hotel Smeraldo

Hotel farnese as an example.

But good to know the $220 to $300 seems normal to you for mid June in Navonna or Pantheon area

I booked this hotel in MArch for Oct and the pre-pay rate was just a bit cheaper.

Also, we are paying around around $250 per night. From my research $250-300 seems to be the going rate for that area. For what it’s worth I’m sure glad I booked when I did because by June there wasn’t anything left to book except one single-occupancy room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at Hotel Smeraldo's website and was seeing 153 euro/night for a small double room for a randomly selected 3-night stay in June 2019....

For August the same room went down to 106 euro/night.

That seems more like the spread I'd expect to see. But of course it all depends on supply and demand. If they already have limited availability on your dates, the rates could well be higher.

Are you looking at the hotels' own sites?

I just looked at Hotel Smeraldo's website and was seeing 153 euro/night for a small double room for a randomly selected 3-night stay in June 2019....

For August the same room went down to 106 euro/night.

That seems more like the spread I'd expect to see. But of course it all depends on supply and demand. If they already have limited availability on your dates, the rates could well be higher.

Are you looking at the hotels' own sites?

Exactly supply and demand. Just from my observation, it looks to me 2019 will be a busier year . We were booked on a cruise for June 2018 that we booked last July that we had to cancel, and rebooked for 2019 . The speed at which the cabins are being sold for same itinerary as 2018, is far greater with less options. for the 2019 . So that is bound to affect Rome Hotel prices.

I will look at hotel site. Do they allow you to book without a prepayment.

Exactly supply and demand. Just from my observation, it looks to me 2019 will be a busier year . We were booked on a cruise for June 2018 that we booked last July that we had to cancel, and rebooked for 2019 . The speed at which the cabins are being sold for same itinerary as 2018, is far greater with less options. for the 2019 . So that is bound to affect Rome Hotel prices.

I will look at hotel site. Do they allow you to book without a prepayment.

I booked on their site without pre-payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also keep in mind that Rome is the capital of the republic and a portion of hotel rooms are taken up by those doing business with the government, particularly when the house of deputies and the senate are in session. The current session ends on August 8th so there will be some drop in demand until the beginning of the next session

Which hotel, Smeraldo or farnese?

Smeraldo. All the properties I checked allowed non pre-pay options booking on their sites. Some hotels offer significant discounts for pre payment and some don’t. You just have to kind of shop around. I always check it Me if the main Travel search engines to get an idea of prices then go directly to the hotel’s web site and always find a cheaper rate. We never book through a third party when booking hotels in Europe.

Hotel Monte Cenci

http://www.montecenci.com/

DD and DSIL just stayed there and said it was fantastic!! If memory serves they paid 140 euro for it.

The room, the breakfast (which included fresh made hot food), and especially the staff.

DD couldn't get over how friendly and helpful the staff is.

They really enjoyed staying there and wish they'd had more time, but what can you do, they had to board the ship :)

but now i just looked at june next year and i see it's over 200 euro - so that doesn't help you either.

I have also been looking at hotels for our upcoming October visit. I have noticed that the price is higher if you book without a deposit and higher still if you want the option of cancelling up to 48 hours before your arrival. The hotels we are considering ( recommended by Cruisemom42) near Pantheon, etc are around 280 Euros per night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hotel Monte Cenci

http://www.montecenci.com/

DD and DSIL just stayed there and said it was fantastic!! If memory serves they paid 140 euro for it.

The room, the breakfast (which included fresh made hot food), and especially the staff.

DD couldn't get over how friendly and helpful the staff is.

They really enjoyed staying there and wish they'd had more time, but what can you do, they had to board the ship :)

but now i just looked at june next year and i see it's over 200 euro - so that doesn't help you either.

correction - DD paid $125/night for her room at the hotel monte cenci..

she loved every second she was there..