Best option FLL to Intercontintenal & to POM - 2 adults, 2 kids (1 with car seat)

JMKreno

I have been extensively looking through my transportation options to get to the Intercontinental in Miami (downtown). Will be 2 adults, 2 kids (11 & 3 so car seat is coming along). We will also have 3-4 large bags. We fly into FLL on Sept 29 and leave on our cruise from POM on Sept 30.

I want to make the start of the trip memorable, and was looking at limo services, but I don;t want to spend a fortune, either. Most seemed to be in the $200 range, and I am worried about trunk space. I got a good quote on an Executve SUV from Alpine Limo for around $100, including fees (+ tip) so around $120. Anyone have experience with them?

I looked at dedicated vans (I don't want a shared van, after a full day of traveling from Reno with a 3 year old...not a good idea) and they cost just as much.

I did look at Uber XL, but that too is about the same price, and I cannot guarantee what the vehicle will be (they guarantee passengers, not bags).

I will also be staying a night after the cruise at the best western Oceanside in Fort Lauderdale before our flight out Monday evening.

Would renting a car be worth the effort? We would like to do a few things in FLL on Sunday and Monday morning post cruise.

Thanks!!

Larry's Limos is the most often suggested provider for private transport in Miami. I would also ask about private transport options from Go Airport, based at FLL. We used them for a Town-car a few years ago and were happy, and I know they have large SUVs.

UberXL will easily seat 4 passengers plus normal bags - either a mini-van or large SUV in my experience.

You do not want a car pre-cruise - driving in Miami is no fun and parking is expensive. Post cruise a car rental is an option, depending upon what you plan to see/do in the FLL area. Check with your hotel, but most of the hotels on the beach charge for parking. National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise will shuttle you to their MIA airport location. ;)

Good luck! :)

You should not have an issue with an UberXL its going to be either a larger SUV or van. That seems like the easiest and cheapest option.

From the hotel to the port you can do the same thing. The port is a 5-min drive from the Intercontinental.

As for a rental car post-cruise. If you want to see around the area that might be the best way to go post cruise.

We have used Larry’s three times now and have been very happy. Yes, it is a tad pricier than some other options, but the extra cost is worth it to have a hassle free vacation, especially after flying from the Western US with the longer flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I will keep looking around. Not locked into anything yet. I am tempted to do the car rental on the way back. The BW Oceanside charges to park, but my status allows me to cover the parking charges (points).

Thanks!