Grand Cayman Orphanage?

ladygrizzdogg1

I am sure there is atleast one orphanage in Cayman. But they are unlikely to be ones where you can tour and donate. Cayman is not an impoverished country like the others you have visited so likely has more of a foster care system like the US or Britain

There are a few small orphanages on the island, usually housing up to 8 to 10 children. If you wish to make a donation then I'm sure that they would be happy to accept them, but I haven't heard of any encouraging visitors (and certainly none that want to be a tourist attraction, unlike some other countries). I agree with flutprop that Cayman is more like the USA, Canada, or several European countries in terms of standard of living, etc.

If you want details, I suggest you use your favourite search engine to find Cayman orphanages.

In twelve years of having a vacation home there and regularly reading local papers, etc, I’ve never seen one mentioned.

Correction...after seeing Brit’s post, I just realized I have read about them, I just didn’t realize they were orphanages. There’s a small girls’ home and a small boys’ home, but they aren’t the type of orphanages you’d see in under-developed countries. They’re more like the foster or group homes you’d see in the US or Canada, and they definitely aren’t tourist attractions.

Are there any orphanges in Grand Cayman that can be visited? I have found numerous ones in Jamaica, and have personally visited one in Roatan, but haven't been able to locate any yet in Grand Cayman.

Grand Cayman is not an impoverished

Place, unlike the aforementioned places.

“There are just under 600 banks and trust companies in the Grand Cayman, including 43 of the 50 largest banks in the world.[8] Because of this large financial presence on the island, banking, investments, and insurance drive the economy in Grand Cayman”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk