Chair Hogs Beware!

charlielinda

Today is my last day on the beautiful Equinox. The pools have been busy on our four days at sea. We love the Solarium and were there every afternoon. A few times I did see them leaving the note pictured telling people but to leave for more than 30 minutes. We never had trouble finding a chair. 432c448e8668b7d2606300aca594c787.jpg

Unfortunately it takes more than a note. In addition to the note the pool butlers need to be proactive patrolling as well as ensuring that when people leave they take their towels off the chair or otherwise let people know they are available.

IMHO half the issue is chair hogs and the other half are people leaving towels when they depart.

IMHO half the issue is chair hogs and the other half are people leaving towels when they depart.

Agree, I have never understood people who think it is ok to leave towels on the loungers when they leave the pool. Guess they think it is the pool Butlers job to clean up after them.

I never hesitate to move things that are left more than 40 minutes. I collect it all and take it to the towel desk or bar depending on the ship. Chair hogs are a huge pet peeve and I refuse to let them interfere with my enjoyment

Same here. I've noticed the annoying "Reserved" clips pax have started using to secure towels. Sorry, guys/gals but I just toss those right into the trash! When your name is stitched into a lounger then I'll respect your "ownership". I do leave the clips for 1 hour. After that, I just toss them in the nearest trash can. For the flamers, oh, sorry, I mean the guilty hogs, deal with it. You don't own the chairs! Same goes in the theater. We have NO problem sitting where we like. Again, you hogs DON'T own the seats. We did an Oceania trip in Jan. The signs ARE enforced. Pool butlers gave 30 min. & then just "swept" everything away leaving a note saying where the guilty may pick up the shattered dreams of their little lives.

Agree, I have never understood people who think it is ok to leave towels on the loungers when they leave the pool. Guess they think it is the pool Butlers job to clean up after them.

I agree, I really dislike it when people dump their used wet towels on a lounger or two. These people have no intention of returning, and make it quite distasteful for anyone to use the wet lounger. I don't carry rubber gloves with me to remove someone else's wet towels.

I think that these people are much worse than the chair hogs. Unless of course it is the same privileged people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The pool butlers (at least in the solarium) on our August Constellation cruise were very aggressively monitoring for chair hogging. Along with the passing out of the 30 minute limit printed notes, we saw several cases of items being removed from chairs. My wife and I were impressed, it was sort of entertaining.....

And guess what, there were chairs available throughout the sea days!!

Today is my last day on the beautiful Equinox. The pools have been busy on our four days at sea. We love the Solarium and were there every afternoon. A few times I did see them leaving the note pictured telling people but to leave for more than 30 minutes. We never had trouble finding a chair. 432c448e8668b7d2606300aca594c787.jpg

Thanks hope that is in place on our cruises next year,

Today is my last day on the beautiful Equinox. The pools have been busy on our four days at sea. We love the Solarium and were there every afternoon. A few times I did see them leaving the note pictured telling people but to leave for more than 30 minutes. We never had trouble finding a chair.d

Thanks for letting us know this worked and you never had a problem finding chairs. :D

I was on Summit a couple weeks ago, and while i did not see them taking away towels and belongings from chairs, they did take my towel which was on the ground next to the wicker chairs along with my shirt and lanyard.

I don't sit out on the loungers so feel no need to take a chair. I go to hang out in the pool.

They apparently through my items in with the dirty towels. I never did get the lanyard back from them.(it was however replace by Patrick the cruise director)

I did get the shirt back from the laundry and they didn't even charge me for the cleaning.

Unfortunately it takes more than a note. In addition to the note the pool butlers need to be proactive patrolling as well as ensuring that when people leave they take their towels off the chair or otherwise let people know they are available.

And it will work if the Pool Butlers get support from upper management. EVERYONE must be on board with this program. The message will get out that X means business and people will be able to find a chair/lounger much more easily.

We saws it on Summit as well. They were putting the notices out at 6-6:30 each morning. Never saw it enforced though.

Neither did I, I saw the pool attendants strolling around, but didn't see them placing notes on chairs nor removing hog possessions.

They did run and find waiters though for those who wanted to order a beverage.

:D

Same here. I've noticed the annoying "Reserved" clips pax have started using to secure towels. Sorry, guys/gals but I just toss those right into the trash! When your name is stitched into a lounger then I'll respect your "ownership". I do leave the clips for 1 hour. After that, I just toss them in the nearest trash can. For the flamers, oh, sorry, I mean the guilty hogs, deal with it. You don't own the chairs! Same goes in the theater. We have NO problem sitting where we like. Again, you hogs DON'T own the seats. We did an Oceania trip in Jan. The signs ARE enforced. Pool butlers gave 30 min. & then just "swept" everything away leaving a note saying where the guilty may pick up the shattered dreams of their little lives.

Absolutely!! You are my hero :D