Nikolav for Roko donations

cburger100

Ladies & Gentleman:

We are heading to Seadream on July 10th. My husband and I will be taking our donation check to either drop off to Brenda the concierge on board or further give it to our tour person in Dubrovnik to deposit right in Croatia. As a former banker I don’t want to risk an international wire with all the security risks and of course the extra fee. If any of you want to send the checks you want to donate my way by July 9th, I am happy to deliver there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t believe that is the correct spelling of Nikola’s (not Nikolav) son neither do I think checks/cheques will be of any use.

Furthermore, I suggest simply emailing the ship’s Purser to arrange a credit card payment instead (as I did whilst I was onboard).

But I respect your intentions.

Edited by ho-hum

I don’t believe that is the correct spelling of Nikola’s (not Nikolav) son neither do I think checks/cheques will be of any use.

Furthermore, I suggest simply emailing the ship’s Purser to arrange a credit card payment instead (as I did whilst I was onboard).

But I respect your intentions.

......most likely Rocco (but not 100%)

I did not realize the Purser on board could take my credit card for the donation. Thank you for pointing this out.

I don’t know if it is set up on SDII but it is set up on SDI and you can make payment now (without being onboard provided you don’t have concerns giving your credit card details in an email).

Anybody else can make payment simply by asking concierge (sd1-concierge@seadream.com) to pass on a message to the Purser to make arrangements to make a credit card donation.

I don’t know if it is set up on SDII but it is set up on SDI and you can make payment now (without being onboard provided you don’t have concerns giving your credit card details in an email).

Anybody else can make payment simply by asking concierge (sd1-concierge@seadream.com) to pass on a message to the Purser to make arrangements to make a credit card donation.

Why SD1 and not SD2 can barely tell the difference ? One Purser allows and the other not ?

Why SD1 and not SD2 can barely tell the difference ? One Purser allows and the other not ? s

That’s not what I was implying.

I know SDI is set up to accept donations as I was onboard at the time (I simply don’t know about SDII).

Besides what does it really matter which vessel you email your donation to ?

Over and out.

Edited by ho-hum

• 3 weeks later...

Frud this is an excerpt from a gentleman who gave a donation to Nicolav family while on board. I am also sending you the email from Jamie

There is lots of confusion!!! But everyone has great intentions

Please share with the Purser as we have only 2 more days [emoji8]

Frud this is an excerpt from a gentleman who gave a donation to Nicolav family while on board. I am also sending you the email from Jamie

There is lots of confusion!!! But everyone has great intentions

Please share with the Purser as we have only 2 more days [emoji8]

Hello

Whoever said they made a donation via the the Purser, please let us know. We just returned from a fabulous trip and were told this had not been done and was not possible. We are working on an alternative.

We are about to board SD2 this Wednesday in Venice. We ended up making the donation through a wire transfer to the bank account in Zagreb designated by the family. The details are on the forever missed web page. Enter Nikola Ivanovic then on his page click on the link toward the top that says “more information” or something like that. That takes you to the page with the bank details for a transfer. We too were unable to arrange it directly with SD as they referred us to this info. Our bank required additional information which we readily obtained from emailing SD in Miami for those additional details and then the transfer worked just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Talked to both the Purser on SD 2 and the managment team in Oslo and Miami. They will not comingle funds by taking donations on board or anywhere, which makes sense. I have emailed Sudesh to see about a Go Fund me Page as we have several friends who want to make donation but do not feel comfortable with wire - too much info going out. Will advise here as soon as I know.

Will do!

As requested and promised, here is a quick report from the pool deck of SeaDream 2 anchored off Rovinj, Croatia on a gloriously sunny Friday morning. The key crew onboard are:

Captain Steinar

Hotel Manager Jamie

Maitre d’Hotel Nicola from Sardinia who joined SD in May

Chef Neel from Ireland who also joined SD in May

Bartenders Gareth and Nic

Club Director Gareth

Activities Manager Toni

Best wait staff on the seas - Emmanuel, Jerry, O’Neil, Kris, Eugene, Louie, Pol and many more I’m failing to mention so forgive me!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we had a very enjoyable time and booked several more for next year when mid-year I will join my better half in “retirement” - whatever that really means. We even booked our first T/A. The new chef, Neel, is outstanding and right up there with the best of SD chefs, and also very personable too as many of them are of course. We had a difficult time leaving the vessel in Athens this past Saturday and only wish we could have stayed on for the following voyage as many were doing. It was our second time through the Corinth Canal but the first time was at breakfast while this time was just before dinner. Some of the crew even wore togas and they had ouzo and other Greek specialties at the ready!