Shower problem

juliet

Are there any ships that cruise in the caribbean from Florida that aren't necessarily an accessible room but has showers and not tub/showers together. Having a hard time finding. Such as we'd like a mini suite on princess but we want a mini suite and it just has a tubs with showers in it. Don't want to book a year or so out which you seem like you have to do with accessible rooms. We need a room that we can fold up the wheelchair and he can walk a short way but can't get into a bathtub. Thanks in advance.

owners suites on Royal have separate showers from the tub. non suites just have a shower , no tub.

pre new hip, the grand suites had a ledge plenty big enough for me to sit on, swing my legs over and then stand to shower.

If you are sailing in the late fall/winter/early spring there are lots. Celebrity has no tubs until suites. Also Carnival. All insides and some OV and balconies on HAL have showers. On HAL deckplans there are symbols for cabins with shower only. There are only a few MSC cabins with tubs until you get to suites. EM

Can't guarantee the newest builds, but generally no NCL cabins other than suites have tubs at all.

We had a mini suite on the NCL Jade (11136) and there was a bathtub/shower combo that was extremely difficult to get in and out of (tub was deep and you needed very long legs to get into it).

I didn't realize that I could have saved some money by booking a balcony cabin that had a shower only instead of paying extra for the mini-suite had a tub (that I didn't want). Live and learn:mad:

Are there any ships that cruise in the caribbean from Florida that aren't necessarily an accessible room but has showers and not tub/showers together. Having a hard time finding. Such as we'd like a mini suite on princess but we want a mini suite and it just has a tubs with showers in it. Don't want to book a year or so out which you seem like you have to do with accessible rooms. We need a room that we can fold up the wheelchair and he can walk a short way but can't get into a bathtub. Thanks in advance.

Had an access cabin on Disney Cruise, and their baths have a shower corner (depressed floor and ringed by curtains) with a solid pull-down bench, optional hand-shower, and one open double-size bathroom accessible to manual chair.

As another chair rider, I'm afraid to try other lines worrying they won't have another one as accessible. :)

If you are sailing in the late fall/winter/early spring there are lots. Celebrity has no tubs until suites. Also Carnival. All insides and some OV and balconies on HAL have showers. On HAL deckplans there are symbols for cabins with shower only. There are only a few MSC cabins with tubs until you get to suites. EM

Just for clarification, Carnival Suites have bathtubs.

• 2 weeks later...