Scooter rental possible on one way cruise?Does the itinerary a couple of times so I

mlbcruiser

Looking at a cruise between California and Chile. I am wondering if there is any possible way to rent a scooter for that itinerary? This ship does the itinerary a couple of times so I thought perhaps the cruise line might return the ship back to the city in California on its return trip even though we have to disembark in Chile.

Any help in figuring this one out would be appreciated.

Looking at a cruise between California and Chile. I am wondering if there is any possible way to rent a scooter for that itinerary? This ship does the itinerary a couple of times so I thought perhaps the cruise line might return the ship back to the city in California on its return trip even though we have to disembark in Chile.

Which company would you consider renting a scooter from?

Don't the cruise lines have one or two companies they typically work with, for starters?

Shouldn't you ask any such companies about a rental for an itinerary like this?

GC

you would need to contact the two companies its that are authorized to service cruise ships, and don't be surprised if you would be required to pay for time the scooter is still on the ship on the way back.

especially since I am sure they are serviced and inspected before being rented out again, which would preclude it being used by a passenger on the return trip. what is the itinerary for the cruise immediately following the one you are looking at? if it doesn't terminate at the port you embark form, I cannot see the vendor okaying such a request since the scooter could not be re rented any time soon.

Hi,

Presumably you are flying out to California and then back to St Louis frome Chile.

Why don't you either buy one or rent one in your home town and take it with you. As long as you have the correct type of battery they can be taken on planes.

We have rented a scooter one way before from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego through Special Needs at Sea. Check with your cruise line and contact the scooter companies they use.

I do know that Special Needs at Sea has rental connections in other countries.

kokopelli-az, You are correct and they will rent one way. There is a supplement charge for one way in this situation but it is not as pricey as it would be to rent a scooter for double the time you need simply to get the scooter back to it’s proper location. The agent I spoke to at first said they couldn’t promise availability and would need the sail date and booking number to verify availability. I had explained I don’t want to book the cruise without making sure the scooter is available. This seemed to present a problem. The agent did have to check but told me that for the cruise we are looking at we should have no problem. Still haven’t decided if we are doing that one or not but thought I would post the info on here for anyone else who might be interested in doing an international one way rental. It’s definitely necessary to speak with the agency you will be renting from I believe to ensure that it can be done.

I decided I would post the info on here for anyone else who might be interested in doing an international or other one way rental.

Thanks for all the replies!

Which company would you consider renting a scooter from?

Don't the cruise lines have one or two companies they typically work with, for starters?

Shouldn't you ask any such companies about a rental for an itinerary like this?

GC

Special Needs at Sea.

Semper fi,

Jim