Husband uses walker

gunnywife

We've been on many cruises over the years, but this is the first time for us since my husband needs to use a walker to get around.

I know we can get wheelchair help boarding and debarking the ship when leaving and arriving back to Tampa. My question is can he get wheelchair assist if he gets off the ship at the port stops? He most likely wouldn't be able to navigate those metal rickety steps using his walker or even a cane? Once he's off the ship he should be ok with the walker.

Thanks in advance for any input on this problem.

Lynn

We've been on many cruises over the years, but this is the first time for us since my husband needs to use a walker to get around.

I know we can get wheelchair help boarding and debarking the ship when leaving and arriving back to Tampa. My question is can he get wheelchair assist if he gets off the ship at the port stops? He most likely wouldn't be able to navigate those metal rickety steps using his walker or even a cane? Once he's off the ship he should be ok with the walker.

Thanks in advance for any input on this problem.

Lynn

In ports where your at a dick. There is staff to help you embark and disembark.

Check with the special needs dept of your cruise line. There is wheelchair help at the ports if you have your own wheelchair, but I'm not so sure that is the case if you don't have your own wheelchair. But the crew is very good at assisting on and off the ship.

One of the cruise staff will walking down ahead of him facing him and bracing the walker as he descends. They usually do keep a wheelchair at the bottom of the gangway and will often use it to help returning passengers back on board. Just ask. Sometimes you can go ahead and get it to walk him the last. Our,e of hundred yards to the gangway.