Coco Reef Day Pass

knots4crewzing

I saw an app for something called Hitch is a ride request service for Bermuda

Hitch is a taxi dispatch app for smartphones. To request a taxi. It is not an Uber or Lyft type ride service. It could be handy if no taxis around or you want to pay for a taxi with a credit card. The fares charged are the regulated Bermuda taxi meter rates plus a 15% charge on top of the taxi rate. Plus you have to have internet. Cell service.

Edited by Charles4515

Wow, $104 now. Dang. We've gone to CocoReef 3 times over the past maybe 6 years and their price went up $10 each time. We paid $89 last time I think and got the wine, lunch and use of the beach/pool with towels. The $45 taxi ride each way too.

So last year in Bermuda we decided to try Horseshoe beach again (after years of not going there) and it was beautiful. Got a great spot on the beach and really enjoyed the day. It's closer to the ship, $7 per person shuttle to the beach and rent the chairs/umbrella for $40 for 2. The beach is just as nice as Coco Reef. Though there's no pool.

Sorry CocoReef--I've written great reviews about you over the years, but you have raised your price too much for us considering the ride there and back is ~$100! Vince: if you are still GM, please lower the price!

And for those asking about taking a bus there--it is way off the main road and if we had not been in a taxi I'm not sure we would have found the resort easily. I would do an aerial map and check it out in case you're going to walk it to have an idea of where to go once off the bus.

Wow, $104 now. Dang. We've gone to CocoReef 3 times over the past maybe 6 years and their price went up $10 each time. We paid $89 last time I think and got the wine, lunch and use of the beach/pool with towels. The $45 taxi ride each way too.

So last year in Bermuda we decided to try Horseshoe beach again (after years of not going there) and it was beautiful. Got a great spot on the beach and really enjoyed the day. It's closer to the ship, $7 per person shuttle to the beach and rent the chairs/umbrella for $40 for 2. The beach is just as nice as Coco Reef. Though there's no pool.

Sorry CocoReef--I've written great reviews about you over the years, but you have raised your price too much for us considering the ride there and back is ~$100! Vince: if you are still GM, please lower the price!

And for those asking about taking a bus there--it is way off the main road and if we had not been in a taxi I'm not sure we would have found the resort easily. I would do an aerial map and check it out in case you're going to walk it to have an idea of where to go once off the bus.

I totally feel the same way. But our week is during Cup Match, and I know horshoe beach will be even more crowded w/ locals. Crowds are not our thing and we wanted a "guaranteed" quiet beach day. Crazy expensive, I know but YOLO lol! Next they'll start taking away the lunch for the same price!

• 2 weeks later...
They have an app which is similar called "Hitch Bermuda".

Hitch is a taxi dispatch app. Not the same thing as Uber or Lyft. You use it to call a taxi. You are charged the taxi metered rates plus 15%. The app gives you an estimate of your fare but the actual charge is when the ride is complete. Cause you get a taxi. Convenient if you want to pay by credit card because most taxis don’t take credit cards. Or if you are somewhere where there are no taxis readily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk